Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dashboard flickering?

RiCkMaN

Hi all,

In the last days my T7 battery got discharged.

After charging it, now my dashboard starts flickering as soon as I flip the key to "on". 

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by RiCkMaN

• Moderators

Try some Contact cleaner in the ignition switch, another battery maybe? Also clean your battery cables and confirm they're snug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 hours ago, RiCkMaN said:

Hi all,

In the last days my T7 battery got discharged.

After charging it, now my dashboard starts flickering as soon as I flip the key to "on". 

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

The rhythmic flickering of just the screen contents suggests that the controller in the dash isn't getting adequate power, probably because of a loose/bad contact or a weak battery. Does it still flicker while the bike is running? If it does not and you've already double checked the contacts like @AZJW suggested, the battery is probably weak. You could test this by attaching jumper cables to another vehicle and see if the dash flickers while the bike is not running.  If it does not flicker, then it's most likely the battery.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

advgoats.com

Probably a silly question, but have you checked the battery terminals are clean and tight? And earth leads aswell?

• Thanks 1

Well, I took off the battery and recharged it to the max.

It has about  13.4-13.6V, and when the engine is running about 14.2-14.4V. (it starts well..)

Both terminals are well fixed, but it continues to flicker.. 😑

On 12/9/2023 at 8:54 PM, Robo said:

Probably a silly question, but have you checked the battery terminals are clean and tight? And earth leads aswell?

Terminals are good. What earth leads are you talking about?

The lead that goes from the battery to the chassis. The main earth lead. Haven’t seen it on a T7 but have seen them loosen on other bikes.