Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Side Stand Enlarger/Foot

Stephen H

Question

Hi can anyone recommend a side stand enlarger/foot that works with the OEM main stand.

I purchased a Hepco & Becker one but that interfered/caught the main stand so I removed it and returned it.

Cheers Steve 

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

Pretty annoying when someone asks for help on a specific issue and the first line of a response is "why do you......."? Because they do! Just sayin.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why do you need one? I think that the original stand is wide enough.

A friend put one in his AT and the end of the side stand became so heavy that the original spring couldn’t hold the stand up. So in a bumpy terrain the stand swang up and down activating the side stand’s kill switch and shutting the engine.

• Haha 2

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

I have ordered this one:

Not available yet but especially designed for Tenere with center stand. For me it looks like best bit compared to other options. In Germany should be available next few weeks. 

Don´t know if link works

This is Part number: 01-632-5276-0

Edited by bikeever
  • Like 1

3”X4”X.250” 6061 ,(2) 6m flat head socket cap screws and nylocks.

Used a 1/2” drill bit to cut reliefs on bottom of plate so bolts fit flush.

2 hours and a 6 pack.

20 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

3”X4”X.250” 6061 ,(2) 6m flat head socket cap screws and nylocks.

Used a 1/2” drill bit to cut reliefs on bottom of plate so bolts fit flush.

2 hours and a 6 pack.

Sure no problem with a flat base of side stand. But the shape of Tenere 700 side stand isn’t really good for this...

0DDFAD91-5DDC-4177-AC46-DDFFF8AFEC09.jpeg.e26749a0ca055be9a3dcc93d7f520533.jpeg

D73DEF2F-9C75-4C09-99E9-B98E5D204DDB.jpeg.ccc063fb418caba67427331c0f6793e9.jpeg

Thanks guy for the replies but I was actually looking for someone who had the Oem centre stand fitted and had actually found a side stand foot that's worked that centre stand. it just to save me time and money by buying another one that don't work.

Cheers Steve

• Like 2

Bikeevers’ suggestion sounds like the way to go Stephen.  Just saying don’t be afraid to play around working on, or modifying your own ride.

Cheers Jeff 

I am cheap LOL...

I usually just tape an old carved out plastic card to the bottom side of the foot.

No pretty but works lol...

I have done the Homer Simpson, “DOH” on more than One ride over the years .

Mirrors, and bent or broken levers.

I can usually find a stick, stone or crushed beer can to put under the damn thing.

Starbucks tho..

If I needed to put a bigger pad on the stand (or pads on the centre stand)  I'd get a suitable sized piece of aluminium or plastic plate and stick it to the bottom of the original stand with a polyurethane like Sikaflex. Cheaper, lighter, better looking and easier than an aftermarket bolt-on imho.

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 1

Got one that will allow to stop on marshmallows ... now I need to upgrade the sidestand spring ... 🤣

D7F8CD29-C334-4D6D-83D8-B58555EEF019.jpeg

Edited by MGG
  • Like 3

Thanks for the replies. I may just make a plate and stick it on with some good adhesive

Cheers Steve 

3 hours ago, Ride & Shine said:

Pretty annoying when someone asks for help on a specific issue and the first line of a response is "why do you......."? Because they do! Just sayin.....

I would not be so categorical in this matter. If I came up with the wrong solution for myself (in someone's opinion), I would also like to receive such information, not just supportive answers. Warm and kind supporting on the path to "the abyss" is not exactly the help I would like to receive  😉 😀

• Like 2