Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Time to move on to another bike.

winddown

Another sport bike that is, not selling my beloved T7, just my mongrel S1000RR.  Those things look so cool and everyone drools over them but they should never have been allowed off the race track.  Super hard suspension, so much power it's unusable and the riding position makes my right leg ache after half an hour.  I'm going back to something I'm familiar with, something I can ride all day. 

Put a deposit on one today, 2012, 18,000k.  It will look identical to this one below once the shop puts the Yoshi pipes on.

HAYABUSAGENII-forum.jpg.9ff4c2d42f93bfdd64bcfeac5e2d1597.jpg

• Like 4

Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Congratulations!!!

You wouldn't believe the T7 for sale there, the Camel extra fuel tank, brake pedal, scotts damper, high end bash plate, full suspension upgrade with some sort of air valves on top of the forks.  For adjusting them?  All the fruit and barely ridden.  But the crap factory pipe, go figure?

$15,000 aussie, 15k on the clock.  The new price stock is $20K.   Makes me wish I'd waited 🤔  Even has the aftermarket seat, center stand...

2020 Yamaha XTZ690 Tenere 700 for sale Moorooka Brisbane. Review latest price & specifications of Used bikes for sale today at TeamMoto Moorooka in QLD.

• Like 1

That Hayabusa is for sure a better bike for longer rides - and I guess you won't miss the BMW at all. It's not that a Busa is underpowered even compared to an S1000RR 😁

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tenerider said:

That Hayabusa is for sure a better bike for longer rides - and I guess you won't miss the BMW at all. It's not that a Busa is underpowered even compared to an S1000RR 😁

It's interesting Ten, when you go through the ads for them, 40 odd in all of Australia, there are not nearly as many GenII compared to I or III's up for sale.  The 2 is a keeper, the 3 is like the first in my opinion, Ugly.  Is the GenII a bit dated?  Sure, but in the sense that it doesn't have rider aids, just like the T7.  It actually has more power than the new one.

Edited by winddown
  • Like 1