Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Riding with passenger

Topguntrigger

Hi guys

I am new to this form so please forgive me if this is already been  been discussed.

I am from Canada and looking to buy a new tenere 700. They have not been released here in Canada so I will be pre-ordering.

Unfortunately I can't get any feedback from dealers here because no one has ever ridden one.

Here's my question I want to be able to double my wife on a few trips with luggage. Has anyone tried this on the bike?

Is it comfortable?

Is there enough power and suspension?

Any input is appreciated

I belive the power is enough for everything, but the confort would be bether with the Yamaha Confort seat or anyone who can improve the backseat...

my wife & I did a 2 day 720klm ride a few weeks ago I weigh about 70kgs 175cm & my wife 55kgs 163cms & we both find it really comfortable, I do have a small air hawk air cushion for my wife to sit on, I didn't touch the preload from standard although I should have because I scrapped the Yamaha center stand a few times on tight bends. but this bike is awesome with more than enough power for two up riding & I like to get along at a good pace. 

Hey Limey I was told that Apex Cycle in Cambridge is getting 12 to sell they may receive them in late June

call them and talk to Brian for deposit