Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere700 bike outside cover

Dibles

Hi, just wondering what bike covers people have used for their Tenere 700's!

I have soaked bike in ACF50 and done everything i can to protect it but need to get the best cover i can for the bike which will be outside. Priority is that it needs to fit well and not blow about like a bed sheet on a clothes line. Just wondering what people are using and what you would recommend.

Sadly i can not have a shed, shelter or other similar items it must be the traditional bike cover. At the moment the oxford variants look like the best bet but if anyone has experience with anything please help. Much appreciated!

I am using oxford cover for adventure bikes and it fits the bike , used to cover a GS1200 Adventure i can take a picture at some point if this helps.!

what size did you go with and are you able to fit panniers on underneath? was it the 'Rainex' cover? 

thanks for your help!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dibles said:

what size did you go with and are you able to fit panniers on underneath? was it the 'Rainex' cover? 

thanks for your help!

I'll have a look when I get home in regards to size and what is says on the product... It has been a while since I've bought it, probably 4 years and the Vstrom 1000 used to have panniers underneath the cover.

Aleks 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am shopping for a cover myself ... easier to protect when bad people don't know what's under the cover. Here are official numbers I will go by:

Overall length 2,370mm

Overall width   910mm

Overall height 1,455mm

image.png.f65ac52382bab0f83552477057890418.png

With that high windscreen I might have to buy a bigger one and trim it down ... or live with partial cover down by the front wheel.

Edited by MGG
+info

• 7 months later...

@Aleksandar13 I'm interested in your cover details as well. It looks like my bike may be moving from inside parking to outside parking with no overhead cover at all. Ugh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calibre said:

@Aleksandar13 I'm interested in your cover details as well. It looks like my bike may be moving from inside parking to outside parking with no overhead cover at all. Ugh. 

I've tried to find a link of where I bought the damn thing but it's 5 years ago and can't seem to find it... It was advertised as Oxford adventure motorcycle cover... 👍 

I'll have a look and see if it has a part number or something tomorrow. 

Aleks 

1 hour ago, Calibre said:

Not sure if this helps, but I have an Oxford StormX that's a great cover for my T7. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. So.. ACF50 the hell out of it? Man, it's gonna suck taking off the tank bag and tool pack after every ride. Argh. 

• 5 months later...

Hi every one I bought just an hour ago. But I think it’s bit small. Maybe I will change XL one. It’s an Oxford StormX Large 

75CD68D4-949B-4209-AD0A-176A29BD9D07.jpeg

Edited by Chagatay
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I just received and installed a Dowco WeatherAll cover on my Tênêrê 700.  The size is called "Adventure Touring". There's room for top and side bags, but even without those (as mine is), it still fits well.

This is my second Dowco Weatherall cover. The first cover was bought in 2018 for a Yamaha R6 (now gone), but has been drafted for use on my WR250R. The fit is a bit wonky, but it gets the job done. It has no discernable wear after four outdoor seasons.

Front.jpg

Left Rear.jpg

Rear.jpg

Right Front.jpg

Right Side.jpg

20220215_135618.jpg

• Like 1

'21 Tênêrê 700, '20 WR250R, '18 FJR1300

The fact that there's a Highway to Hell and only a Stairway to Heaven should tell you something about anticipated traffic.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cover that packs up small for travelling. I don't need it to be totally waterproof. Just something to keep most of rain out and prying eyes away but it needs to fit properly. From what I can tell most covers aren't tall enough for the T7 so you end up with a sail pretending to be a cover.

2 hours ago, luke29ermtb said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cover that packs up small for travelling. I don't need it to be totally waterproof. Just something to keep most of rain out and prying eyes away but it needs to fit properly. From what I can tell most covers aren't tall enough for the T7 so you end up with a sail pretending to be a cover.

The oxfords pack quite small mate. Has a clip underneath and a hole for a chain/lock at the front you can use to help tie it down too. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rider5 said:

JDC Motorcycle Cover Waterproof - Black - RAIN - XL Tall perfect fit from top to bottom.

It’s good- I have one but definitely not lightweight or suitable for traveling 

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 1