Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Standing mirror solution

I had created a thread a while back about how to see behind me while standing- like on the highway for hours at a time.

I decided on this NOT elegant solution that works. Don't worry about the extra weight, my T7 is already a 590 pound pig.

Thoughts?

Comments?

My T7 on 400 mile day ride.jpg

Rube Goldberg

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

This reminds me of the Mods and Rockers scooters from the 1960's.

You're on your way to becoming a Mod 🙂

Modsscooter.jpg.ab00c1dffa422cc29bf4f440ec7ccb38.jpg

or you could adjust one of your mirrors to suit the standing position...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I have my right mirror adjusted for sitting and seeing directly behind me and the left sitting for looking way back. As I have read- after having that for about 20 years that "most" riders set their mirrors that way. The standing mirror is a convenience from having to adjust it. Some riders just stand off road. I stand on road to about 55-60 mph, but coming to a light I have to sit down to reach to ground and then I need the sitting mirror to make sure no one is going to rear end me. ( yes I am one that sits at lights in first with the clutch in ....)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NeilW said:

Thoughts?

Comments?

catknaw-.jpg.23da4629e611841a530c3b4d9f43b999.jpg

Lose the screen Neil.  The other variant is just as good for the wind, looks a lot cooler, and doesn't block your vision as much.  I tried them both.

Took me a few goes to get the angle right but now it's a winner.

screen-2-small.jpg.d4ad74ae079b39e5da7d39371b72439b.jpg

SCREEN-small.jpg.e6c1da380d7b59fea154f1637875acd2.jpg

Oh as for the mirror, good idea 👌

Edited by winddown

9 hours ago, Boondocker said:

This reminds me of the Mods and Rockers scooters from the 1960's.

You're on your way to becoming a Mod 🙂

Modsscooter.jpg.ab00c1dffa422cc29bf4f440ec7ccb38.jpg

or you could adjust one of your mirrors to suit the standing position...

The star of that show is the leopard print fabric around the original headlight 😎😆

9 hours ago, winddown said:

catknaw-.jpg.23da4629e611841a530c3b4d9f43b999.jpg

Lose the screen Neil.  The other variant is just as good for the wind, looks a lot cooler, and doesn't block your vision as much.  I tried them both.

Took me a few goes to get the angle right but now it's a winner.

screen-2-small.jpg.d4ad74ae079b39e5da7d39371b72439b.jpg

SCREEN-small.jpg.e6c1da380d7b59fea154f1637875acd2.jpg

Oh as for the mirror, good idea 👌

@winddown what do you mean "lose the screen"?  fyi I have the Touratech adjustable on my windshield. I found that the extra shield extension on top makes it easier to stand at 70 mph / 113kph. I always have it set to where I can see over it. I learned my lesson when a full shield on a different bike instantly fogged opaque in a tight turn..

6 minutes ago, Hogan said:

How about some smart mirrors that have eye tracking and automatically adjust?

That would be cool. Are you a Tesla owner?

11 hours ago, NeilW said:

@winddown what do you mean "lose the screen"

I was referring to the extension screen you have with the two mounting arms.  I used to have that one but found the mounts blocked my view a bit and the other one, the one in the pix I posted is more in sync with the style of the T7 too.  My post was more of a mild joke, a poke in the ribs, hence the cat chewing its paw, we all do it differently hey.

Edited by winddown

2 hours ago, winddown said:

I was referring to the extension screen you have with the two mounting arms.  I used to have that one but found the mounts blocked my view a bit and the other one, the one in the pix I posted is more in sync with the style of the T7 too.  My post was more of a mild joke, a poke in the ribs, hence the cat chewing its paw, we all do it differently hey.

All good. I am looking over the mounts and the whole extension any way. I have lowered it to horizontal on occasion. 

• Members

I have Highway Dirt Bikes hand guards and added their mirrors.  They are setup for me to see while standing.

• Like 1