Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Wheel rim Paint Code

john_aero

Question

Good afternoon fellow bikers and bikettes

scratched my rim while taking the tyre off the rear

anyone know what paint colour or code the blue rims are?

11 answers to this question

• Moderators

@john_aero

Might try these references.  Check the title page under the Yamaha-motor link. Might double check these as your EU bike maybe different as these codes are for US bikes.

https://yamaha-motor.com/parts/motorcycle/515293/9757883

Paint > Color paint > Yamaha

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I have had good luck using a sharpie permanent marker for scratches on my blue rims. It's not perfect, but good enough for me. 

I run the marker over the scratch and then wipe lightly with my finger to remove the ink on the rim outside the scratch. 

• Like 1

If you are talking the blue anodized rim that's an electrolytic process; you aren't going to touch it up with some paint. As mentioned above - I've had success with Sharpie(R) in a related color. It's not going to be perfect but won't draw your eyes to scratches either.

• Like 1

Well i just want to avoid shiny scratches and also prevent any corrosion

Cheers lads for the help 

I was pissed of for months for my first scratch, then you realise its impossible for it to be your last then you stop giving a $%&^

yep i dont mind it too much, just tyre levers scratch it awful easy 

Put some pretty bad scratches on the front rims during my recent 11 day trip where I rode thru some pretty rocky terrain, did not realize the scratches were there until I thought it was just some dirt sitting on the rim. 

Gives the bike the added character from all the beating it took during that trip 😄

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

i do have some OCD (or as my wife says i'm a perfectionist to the point of been annoying) so any damage i like to fix

We used to use a chemical anodising solution but not anymore. It was toxic so not nice to work with. There may be a more up to date eco friendly version around. Not so much for the blue, but to seal the metal. 

If you wait until your bike is put to bed for a while, you could get the rims cerakote treated at central wheel or somewhere. Not a bad price if the wheels are off. Add some nice stainless spokes while you’re there. 

Since I changed my tyres, and of course scratched my brand new rims, I have been wondering if some protective rim striping would help prevent scratching, at least partially. But so far i have not been able to find a set that could work.

Has anyone else tried this?