Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2023 Tenere 700 Review- How It Really Feels

dragov

A few months ago I bought a new Tenere 700 after two and a half years with the wr250r.
It took me some time to get used to it, I encountered all kinds of difficulties after switching to a heavy motorcycle and also some difficulties related to this motorcycle specifically.
I had to change things on the motorcycle and also in my riding style until I reached the situation today that I really enjoy riding it and starting to ride in more challenging terrains with it.
In this video I go over the things I experienced with the motorcycle and how I overcame them to ride better off-road.
I hope that the video will help people who are interested in this bike to understand what it really feels like riding it .
The video is divided by topics

Edited by dragov

• dragov changed the title to 2023 Tenere 700 Review- How It Really Feels

A lot of basic errors there mate, the bike has a sticker on it telling you to lower the pressures to at least 29psi for off-road, no need to ride at street pressures and then take advice from random people.  Did you read the owners manual?  Adjusting the suspension is something you do on day One, but you said you never adjusted your suspension settings?   Nothing wrong with posting a vid about your experiences but you really shouldn't be giving people advice if you don't even understand the basics ok. 

• Like 1

Seemed a reasonable review to me but nothing really that hasn’t been discussed many times before.

On 1/13/2024 at 11:46 PM, winddown said:

A lot of basic errors there mate, the bike has a sticker on it telling you to lower the pressures to at least 29psi for off-road, no need to ride at street pressures and then take advice from random people.  Did you read the owners manual?  Adjusting the suspension is something you do on day One, but you said you never adjusted your suspension settings?   Nothing wrong with posting a vid about your experiences but you really shouldn't be giving people advice if you don't even understand the basics ok. 

Hi and thanks for your reply .
Regarding the tire pressure friend that I ride with told me so as a new Tenere rider it was a good advice until I checked it ...
Regarding the suspension , not everyone knows how to adjust the settings and also I saw a lot of Youtube videos of people that had the bike for few years and didn't adjust it ...
I do need to learn how to adjust it you are right about that BUT in the video I am sharing my experience as a new tenere rider (got the bike for 5 months ...)

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 11:39 AM, Alan M said:

Seemed a reasonable review to me but nothing really that hasn’t been discussed many times before.

Hi and thanks for your reply .

I saw the topics in the video in many other videos BUT non of them really showed me how it feels offroad .
Like I show in the top heavy topic how my bike fell a few times in the beginning or the issue with the fuel and also other topics that I show from my experience how it feels even after I saw a lot of videos about these topics .

• Like 1