Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Problematic Suzuki made in India

winddown

Well we're talking about the flagship Gen-3 Hayabusa here, a bike plagued with problems from not starting when hot to an occasional frame breaking where the rear shock linkages mount.  I never liked the look of it, thankfully, else I might have been tempted, but since buying my older Gen-2 and rejoining the Hayabusa-org forum I have been amazed at the issues cropping up.  The Hayabusa was all but bulletproof, as reliable as the best, but not anymore.   What went wrong?  Well the problems all seem to timeline with Suzuki moving production the India.

https://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2021/0427.html  Claims that the parts are sent from Japan but I seriously doubt all the parts are Japanese.  I could see frames and wheels and all manner of stuff being made in Indian factories with a smattering of stuff sent from Japan to finish it off.  Honestly who would ship tens of thousands of bikes around the globe as disassembled parts, it's just illogical.  Perhaps the younger riders who have never experienced decades of ultra reliability accept these modern bikes as being normal but I reject this sort of stuff out of hand.  No it's a sad trend were seeing across the whole motorcycle sphere, a few reliable models being made in the companies country of origin and all the rest outsourced to china and India.

My biggest concern with these bikes, aside from the cheap parts, is the newly trained staff in these factories.  Japan for example has a workforce with 60+ years of experience, and we all know that in the early days a lot of the product was less than ideal.  But time produced perfection and the Japanese culture, based on honor, led to meticulous quality control.  The Chinese I know place no value on honor or reputation, their motivation is always making the most money on any transaction.  And the Indians?  Well who knows, but this I do know, the new Hayabusa is a pile of junk compared to it's predecessors.

Hang onto those old bike boys and girls

• Like 2

WoW, there's a lot of racial prejudice, profiling and misinformation built into this post, man! I could point to many situations to the contrary,  but I don't think that's what this Forum is about- I'll leave it there.

• Like 2

Well I'm a black guy, so I can't be racially prejudice or profiling.   You must have confused me with one of your white friends 😆

STONE.jpg.df746091f048ed91542eda6c698da4ef.jpg

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, thepointchris said:

WoW, there's a lot of racial prejudice, profiling and misinformation built into this post, man! I could point to many situations to the contrary,  but I don't think that's what this Forum is about- I'll leave it there.

Racism?

Party_Brux.jpg.9a37c71a9d2b2d3412bedbc0d79b27c7.jpg

It's about quality vs profit.

When I buy for example metal drills here in Germany I insist of getting 'Made in Germany' and not by "Germans". Because the factory takes care of the production in every step.

Usually they sell that cheap crap from China. That looks like a drill but it's not. People these days buy by price and not by quality. I cannot afford climbing down and up a ladder for every hole to drill because the tool has turned to scrap metal. So I have to pay (a lot) more for quality and in the end it saves me money because the job is done in less time.

Outsourcing production to countries where manpower is cheapest will satisfy customers with cheap products and fill the pockets of companies. But that ball is bouncing back with every product that will break shortly after purchase.

It takes a lot of time and experience to produce a quality product. It has nothing to do with ethnicity. 

Edited by Ede-DE
  • Like 4
  • Moderators

Moved to Off Topic Discussion,  however personal attacks are not tolerated. Read the rules or you'll get banned!

• Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators

Ok. After receiving a profanity laced message from a "contributor " to this thread, basically begging to get banned, I accommodated him.  In fairness he had it coming as he had a history of personal attacks.

This thread went downhill really fast and I've been receiving messages from members asking if they've crossed the line or not.  The Mods/Admin here are not your mother, but basically,  if you cannot say something nice, don't say it all.

* This a MOTORCYCLE FORUM!  PERIOD!

It's great to have fun, but going after someone personally,  especially hiding behind a keyboard isn't what we do or allow here. Frankly,  my 3 + years as a Mod on this forum have been pretty event free and besides quashing multiple spam attacks, have only had to handle a few dust-ups.  Lately things seemingly are taking on a different tone, so see *.  If you don't like this, there are plenty of other places to hang out so don't go away mad, just go away!  Nuff said and thinking this thread is done, as it has no redeeming value other than to stand as an example as to how we should give our comments a second read through before hitting the post button.

I've gone back and forth whether to just nuke this thread or leave it up. You guys decide,  this is your forum.

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@AZJW and again, you demonstrate you are a class act.  Thanks for making this a great place to hang out! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1