Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from the PNW

spidiracer

Happy to be on the forum! Purchased my 2024 Tenere at the end of last year. I was expecting to have to wait months but the dealer had one on the way and said it would be here in a week or two so I just went for it. I had previously tested one out at the 2023 Touratec and of all the bikes I tried I had the most fun on it. 

Have not done much or ridden it much yet because of the cold and winter but I did install some Rtech fairings, the oxford heated grips with integrated controller and I also swapped out the throttle tube for an R6. The throttle tube was not exactly planned but neither was the oxford grip solidifying onto the stock throttle tube only half way on haha. That was very difficult to remove and required the sacrifice of the stock one. Words were said, mistakes were made. I wired up the grips to the connection at the front of the bike its very clean and the grips (with my limited testing) seem to work great. I had to order them from the UK as they were not in stock here in the states and they were cheaper to order that way anyway. 

Anyway, here are a few pics. Cant wait til spring time to get some more riding in!

PXL_20240126_160242548.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240126_160231186.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

• Like 2

Nice one mate. That was a quick deal. Well done. 
let us know how the new oxfords cope over time. I have the last version and they failed (50% less heat than when I first had them) with less than 80 hours on them so interested to see if the improvements have made a difference. 

On 1/26/2024 at 8:15 AM, spidiracer said:

Happy to be on the forum! Purchased my 2024 Tenere at the end of last year. I was expecting to have to wait months but the dealer had one on the way and said it would be here in a week or two so I just went for it. I had previously tested one out at the 2023 Touratec and of all the bikes I tried I had the most fun on it. 

Have not done much or ridden it much yet because of the cold and winter but I did install some Rtech fairings, the oxford heated grips with integrated controller and I also swapped out the throttle tube for an R6. The throttle tube was not exactly planned but neither was the oxford grip solidifying onto the stock throttle tube only half way on haha. That was very difficult to remove and required the sacrifice of the stock one. Words were said, mistakes were made. I wired up the grips to the connection at the front of the bike its very clean and the grips (with my limited testing) seem to work great. I had to order them from the UK as they were not in stock here in the states and they were cheaper to order that way anyway. 

Anyway, here are a few pics. Cant wait til spring time to get some more riding in!

PXL_20240126_160242548.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240126_160231186.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

welcome aboard- the white looks crisp. enjoy,  post often, saty safe

Thanks! So far so good on the heated grips but I have only taken them out once. One complaint is I have accidentally pressed the heat selection button more than once. 

60 outside and the lowest heat keeps them plenty warm. Hope they continue working. 

PXL_20240129_225920904.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

Edited by spidiracer