Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lower Seat

Allen Kelly

When I bought my bike I didn’t want to rush into buying stuff just for the sake of having it, 30 to 40 years ago that’s what I was like all new shiny toys but now I’m a bit wiser. I was told about the lowering kit and the lower seat and thought I wanted to ride it for a while to make up my own mind as to what I should alter on it. I didn’t want to lose any of the ground clearance at all. While riding it around I found that to put my right foot down I just had to tilt my bum a bit sideways and I could flat foot. The left side is a different story. In Australia we have a lot of roads with left side camber to allow the rain to run off the road. So when putting the left foot down you have to stretch a bit more and it is toe only touching the ground. I purchased the lower seat and fitted it and that 20mm makes a huge difference, not only can I touch the road on both sides I can flat foot the right side without moving my bum and it is a lot easier to move the bike back while sitting on the bike. Looking at it, it's hard to see the difference but it is there. Cheers everyone.  

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Whats the lower seat like for comfort? I'm assuming its the same material as the ordinary seat.

Cheers

Hi,

It is comfortable in general?  it is comfortable after 100 Km?  For all days it is comfortable? For daily use is it comfortable?

Just comfortable as original?

Thanks

• Like 1