Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New year, new-ish me!

ninot7

Been a proud owner of a T7 World Raid for over a year now. Have done most miles in a year on the T7 than any other bike i owned and loved every minute of it. Came off my R1200GSA and a Tracer 9GT (2021) for the Tenere 700, however there were rumours that the Tenere 900 was in the works and coming out soon. 
enough is enough. I pulled the trigger on a Tracer 9GT+ , brand new - awaiting delivery, to keep my Tenere company now. I loved every road minute of the cp3; -although the Tenee is more than capable of road touring, the Tracer does it 5x better with all the creature comforts and same Yamaha reliability. 
i have never owned the same bike twice, in this case when it came to Road touring i didn’t think twice. R1250/1300? s1000xr? Tiger 900/1200? multistarda v2? Hell no. The Tracer 9 GT+ trumps them all in my book - with utmost reliability!

now i have the least electronically specced ADV bike, alongside the most advanced Road bike on offer now (Radars-braking assist etc). 
i have always been a One-Bike man, in this scenario i think the Tracer and the Tenere make on whole perfect bike!
delivery in 2 weeks. Can’t wait! 

IMG_6778.jpeg

IMG_6773.jpeg

Edited by ninot7
Spelling
  • Like 4

• ninot7 changed the title to New year, new-ish me!

Great decision! I wish I could justify getting a second, more touring oriented bike as well.

I miss my F800GS

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Great decision! I wish I could justify getting a second, more touring oriented bike as well.

Many of my trips involve road only, multi day tours requiring rapid long day rides (autobahns etc). Fine then alright on the tenere but i know they’re better on the tracer. 
wouldn’t touch anything but tarmac on the tracer though hence will need the tenere for the offroad fun

• Like 1

Congrats on the new bike! I was fortunate to spend a week on a rental GT+ in August and found it amazing. I'd documented my experience with and impressions of the bike in this thread. Likely just a matter of time before one ends up in my garage too.

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2024 at 5:27 PM, ninot7 said:

Been a proud owner of a T7 World Raid for over a year now. Have done most miles in a year on the T7 than any other bike i owned and loved every minute of it. Came off my R1200GSA and a Tracer 9GT (2021) for the Tenere 700, however there were rumours that the Tenere 900 was in the works and coming out soon. 
enough is enough. I pulled the trigger on a Tracer 9GT+ , brand new - awaiting delivery, to keep my Tenere company now. I loved every road minute of the cp3; -although the Tenee is more than capable of road touring, the Tracer does it 5x better with all the creature comforts and same Yamaha reliability. 
i have never owned the same bike twice, in this case when it came to Road touring i didn’t think twice. R1250/1300? s1000xr? Tiger 900/1200? multistarda v2? Hell no. The Tracer 9 GT+ trumps them all in my book - with utmost reliability!

now i have the least electronically specced ADV bike, alongside the most advanced Road bike on offer now (Radars-braking assist etc). 
i have always been a One-Bike man, in this scenario i think the Tracer and the Tenere make on whole perfect bike!
delivery in 2 weeks. Can’t wait! 

IMG_6778.jpeg

IMG_6773.jpeg

Congrats on your new bike!