Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dyno tune by Crispy's MC's, Plymouth

Dave D

If anyone is considering a Dyno tune then Crispy's MC's in Plymouth, Devon is your man:

Motorcycle Dyno, Mot, Servicing,Plymouth

I had him tweek the ECU map to even out the snatchy throttle response and provide a little more power at the back wheel. He turned the fan cut in temperature down a few degrees too. Very nice.

We hit one minor snag with my after market down pipes / collector as the O2 probe used for the tuning did not fit so I had a port TIG welded into my tail pipe to allow this. He has a guy there who can do this and he provided the port attachment himself. Very neat job.

Mine is the first T7 that has been tuned there on the Woolich Racing dyno and it all went well. Reasonable rates and a great guy to deal with. There is a full bike service workshop there so no problems stripping the plastics etc. for tuning access. 

Give him a call on 01752 338221 to discuss the arrangements. He asked me to send a photo showing the ECU data sticker, (behind left rear plastics).

My T7 behaves as it should now and is a little monster! MPG is down a little but that is to be expected as the injectors don't shut off completely on zero throttle now. Well impressed.

There's a cake shop next to his unit too!

20230420_124003edit.jpg.4f4fd86e0ae6c890d974b79b0513a78c.jpg

The Wizard at work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OK185 said:

How much faster/better does it feel after the map change?

It feels much more "grunty".  Torque has definitely improved. The throttle progression is much more like a carburetor fuel system now. Oh the irony! Definitely more power. Quite a deal to do because of the whole exhaust system / air filter change but that throttle snatch just drove me mad. Speedwise I have yet to find the top end. Crispy did open up the top end revs a little so I will thrash the s**t out of it and see what happens when the weather improves here. I tried a Rapid Bike Evo unit prior to this and was wholly underwhelmed.