Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hex ezCan

Rider 101

Anyone installed the Hex ezCAN to run aux high beam lights?

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Denali's Cansmart is a rebranded ezCAN, and this guy had some issues...

advgoats.com

I've installed the HEX, I have an AUX light and my navigation is connected. The light is is wired to its own switch not tie into high beam.  

In Australia aux driving or spot lights must be activated by the high beam.

It is not legal to have them on a separate circuit.

There must also be an isolating switch to enable them to be switched off even when high beam is on.

Aux low beam / fog lights can be on a separate circuit but must not be bright enough to dazzle oncoming drivers or when following another vehicle.

Edited by Rider 101

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

• 1 month later...

I bought this to power/switch the STEDI LED's I have on my T7.  I tried to use the old relay method first and blew up my ECU, despite a lot of research.  This Skene is bullet proof and protects the bikes electronics.  It has a few useful functions such as running DRL with varying % of brightness and a alert function tied into the high beam switch.

Edited by dnrobertson
  • Like 1

The Skene IQ-375 adds a conspicuity flicker and turn signal functionality to the DRL if that is something that is interesting to you. It has four channels so it can control DRLs plus headlights.

I am in the process of installing one with Cyclops' Aurora lights that have an amber DRL ring around the main light. I don't have a fuel tank on the bike yet, so have only been able to do some quick testing, but am very happy with what I am seeing. 

• Like 1