Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Spark High Level Exhaust

Just Footerin

Adding a couple of pics of the Spark exhaust. Great quality, easy to fit, doesn't interfere with indicators, quieter than I expected. Probably buy the header pipes to go with it sometime in the future. 

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

DSCF0595.jpg

Edited by Just Footerin
  • Like 7

From the pics above, it looks like the exhaust and pipe will still contact the ground in a fall, and still might be an issue in rubbing against the swing arm and bending the exhaust hanger?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Goody Boy said:

From the pics above, it looks like the exhaust and pipe will still contact the ground in a fall, and still might be an issue in rubbing against the swing arm and bending the exhaust hanger?

That was my first thought.

I can't see any way to do a modification to make the attachment more robust.

Cory ( Camel ) seems to have nailed the attachment for this style of pipe.

Still, it looks pretty good.

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Have been eying this one up myself. My thinking is that because the exhaust is much higher than the standard one it will not be nearly as much of an issue if it's bent. When the original exhaust is bent it will constantly rub while the high Spark can only rub way up in the travel range. Also the exhaust hanger seems pretty easy to bend back.

These are the first pictures I've seen that confirm that the indicators aren't an issue, thanks!

Edited by Forza
  • Like 1

Not sure about that myself, kinda looks like it has already been in an accident. Angle of link pipe and can just don’t look right, but just my opinion.

Nice graphics and that engine guard is a beast, like the look of that 👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2024 at 9:17 AM, Alan M said:

Not sure about that myself, kinda looks like it has already been in an accident. Angle of link pipe and can just don’t look right, but just my opinion.

Nice graphics and that engine guard is a beast, like the look of that 👍

I can't deny it's a vulnerable exhaust, but even all the low slung pipes are at risk in the event of a drop. If crash protection is your main concern then certainly go for a Corse or Mivv, they are the better options for that. But I hope not to drop her 🙂 . 

For myself it was down to a few other reasons. Firstly aesthetics, I like the upswept look, and NO Alan M  it hasn't been in an accident 😂. Now bare in mind I'm photographing a bike that's lying at an angle to me, so perspective is off a bit, but in photo 2 I think you can see how the link pipe is parallel to the bottom of the rear plastic and the can lies parallel to the left side of the rear panel. So I think it follows the line of the bike pretty well and I don't have to take a hacksaw to the bike (unlike the Camel - Rider 101).

Secondly, I usually keep the rear pegs off and only put them on when my wife wants to go out with me. With this system it's easy to remove that right hand footrest bracket.

Thirdly, the indicators. Choosing a nice tail tidy is nearly as hard as picking your exhaust and I didn't want to drill the bike relocating these under the seat either as some people do. Again no issues with the Spark in this respect as it's well away from the indicator. In fact the whole thing sits outside the line of the swing arm so even at full compression nothing will touch.

So it ticked the boxes for me as they say. 

I have to say it's very quiet, no louder than the stock exhaust, but then the bike isn't even that loud on an open header pipe. I think the cat must be acting like a huge baffle. 

Hope some of these points will help anyone considering one.

DSCF0589.jpg

Edited by Just Footerin
typo
  • Like 5

Love the livery/graphics on your bike.  Looks gorgeous!

Edited by SXXP
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 11:47 AM, Just Footerin said:

Adding a couple of pics of the Spark exhaust. Great quality, easy to fit, doesn't interfere with indicators, quieter than I expected. Probably buy the header pipes to go with it sometime in the future. 

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

DSCF0595.jpg

I like the clean, simple look - uncomplicated. while I like Cory's solution, as a non-hardcore rider, this appeals to me.  I'm sure it is less vulnerable than the stock set-up.

When I fitted the Camel pipe ( with my GPR muffler ) I carefully cut the existing muffler hanger with a small tube cutter.

Came out very neat and if I ever put the original muffler back on I can do so with a couple of inserts.

Joys of having a lathe at home!

JF, all your points are valid ( except one ) as everything we do to our bikes is personal choice.

🤣 The only comment I disagree with is putting your wife on the back.

My doubling pegs are confined to the far reaches of the shed and the rear part of the seat is covered by a B&B rack!

No chance Mrs 101 is getting on. 😝

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

15 hours ago, Just Footerin said:

I have to say it's very quiet, no louder than the stock exhaust, but then the bike isn't even that loud on an open header pipe. I think the cat must be acting like a huge baffle. 

Did you remove the DB killer? Does it do anything to the sound?

• Like 1

This exhaust looks really great. I am also not a fan of the high exhausts like MIVV or HP-Corse.

The only high exhaust that looks nice aesthetically to me is the CamelADV solution, but like you I don't want to cut off the hanger. This one is probably the closest to it without having to cut things.

I also thought about this one but ended up with a used Akra E4 at the end, which really fits this bike IMO with the rally shape.

I think this Spark will also crash much better than the original as it's not anywhere near the swingarm. It also doesn't put an exhaust pipe right near the passenger footpegs that I use for strapping down soft luggage...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

When I fitted the Camel pipe ( with my GPR muffler ) I carefully cut the existing muffler hanger with a small tube cutter.

Came out very neat and if I ever put the original muffler back on I can do so with a couple of inserts.

Joys of having a lathe at home!

JF, all your points are valid ( except one ) as everything we do to our bikes is personal choice.

🤣 The only comment I disagree with is putting your wife on the back.

My doubling pegs are confined to the far reaches of the shed and the rear part of the seat is covered by a B&B rack!

No chance Mrs 101 is getting on. 😝

Absolutely (101), if you can do the modification neat and tidy, that's the answer, and yeah we all end up making the bike our own in some way. 

Forza - No not yet, it's in with a rivet so will need drilled out. I might try it some day just out of interest.

• 5 weeks later...

New to the site and I just ordered one of these for my 2024. I’m in Canada, so with shipping and delays I probably won’t have it for about a month. @Just Footerin have you had any issue come up? Seems like a lot of space from the turn signals, so I’m assuming no issues there?

• Like 1

Hi @Ekim700 , hope you don't have to wait too long, but don't be surprised if doesn't come exactly on time, mine didn't !  😆

No problems at all, the only thing I might do sometime is very gently knock off the sharp corners of the spring hooks with a needle file. When you're washing the bike the sponge or your fingers catch on them, but that's just me being fussy, you'll see what I mean 😀. Haven't done so yet.

Post us a picture when you have it fitted. 

I will for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

My exhaust arrived today. It was about 18 days from Germany to Canada. 
Welds look great! Fit was good, but a bit of exhaust sealant will be needed to seal the 2 joints properly. 
Id say not much louder than stock with the db killer still in. Much deeper sound though. 
I’ll post some thoughts after I ride with it for a bit. 
cheers!IMG_0923.jpeg.059cae85139704c222a83617deb37dc9.jpeg

• Like 1