Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi from Switzerland

syntarx

Hi there
I decided to finally make an account on here. I've been reading through the forum since about two years without owning a T7. After all the wait and saving I bought the beast two weeks ago, that's why it was about time to get onto the forum properly and introduce myself.

I'm Andri, 21 y/o, Swiss and currently own an XSR700 and the T7. I did my motorcycle license last summer and started onto a 3 week, 5000km trip to Norway two days after the driving test. It was quite the adventure with the tiny XSR. I learned a lot, especially that the XSR is not a good bike for these longer trips (190 tall, which resulted in a lot of back pain). I plan on going to the Nordkapp with the T7 this summer and make it all the way to Australia (starting summer 2025).

Will try to create a thread similar to @random1781. Link to his awesome “home”.

In the meantime, save ride to my fellow Yamaha enthusiasts, and you'll definitely hear from me again.

Peace out

• Like 4

Welcome aboard finally, Andri! Ride safe and enjoy your beast 😁

Jan

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing how your bike changes! I spent almost a year with mine mostly at stock before making significant changes to it.

Are you doing Nordkapp -> Australia all in one go?

advgoats.com

16 minutes ago, random1781 said:

Looking forward to seeing how your bike changes! I spent almost a year with mine mostly at stock before making significant changes to it.

Are you doing Nordkapp -> Australia all in one go?

Sorry for the confusion. No, I'll ride to the Nordkapp this summer. The Australia thing will start in a year and a half.

• Like 1