Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Suspension Oil G10 (Forks)

TenereTragic700

Replacing the fork seals and I see the manual states Yamaha Suspension Oil G 10.

What is the equivalent weight?  Is it 10w?

Fork oil is nothing more than hydraulic oil for excavators, dozers etc. Companys relable it to  "fork oil" and their liking. It's legal to take money from people who don't know better. Hydraulic oil is much cheaper and does nothing more or less than so called fork oil.

You can recode it right    here    and save a LOT of money.

Teknik Motorsport says it is SAE 5. When repalced fork oil for my own T7, the new SAE10 felt stiffer with same fork settings. But I am not sure.

2020 - YAMAHA TENERE T700 XTZ690 2020

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been doing a bit of testing with my T7 and here are the final results from each year, this year i will update the data if it changes but so far i really like it the way it is here in 2024 for my kinda riding which is gravel/forrest roads and mid pace offroad when ever i get a chance to do some 👍

the forkoils i use is from Putoline and then i just blend it to the CST@40 that i need for testing.

IMG_0611.jpeg

• Like 1

Here are two more charts with viscocities.

Buying the right oil for your bike is very important as it can effect performance and the amount of wear-and-tear your bike receives.

and a mixing calculator.

2 hours ago, Prestone said:

I have been doing a bit of testing with my T7 and here are the final results from each year, this year i will update the data if it changes but so far i really like it the way it is here in 2024 for my kinda riding which is gravel/forrest roads and mid pace offroad when ever i get a chance to do some 👍

the forkoils i use is from Putoline and then i just blend it to the CST@40 that i need for testing.

IMG_0611.jpeg

Nice chart, I need to be more methodical with my changes like that.

advgoats.com