Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 Engine amd Frameslider Kit

Jayzonk

Hi all,

I didn't add crashbars and pannier racks to my T7, so I'm looking for an alternative to protect the frame amd engine, and also give my leg some clearance in the event of a slide.  Can anyone recommend a frame and engine slider kit for the T7 that would help?  I'm thinking axle sliders up front, sliders on the rear swingarm, engine, and upper fairing, and perhaps some longer bat ends.  I see Evotech makes some but I don't see any reviews.  

Unless you're never going offroad, simple engine/ frame sliders don't make sense imho.

I haven't heard of frame sliders for the T7 yet.

Some of us (including me) have dumped their crash bars and mounted engine case protection from Acerbis (not expensive, but rather thin), Triple Clamp or GB-Racing (both sturdier). AFAIK GB-Racing is the gold standard in engine protection.

Don't expect leg clearance from them. With our without crash bars, the T7 lies down as flat as a flounder, there is no room for any leg I know of 😉

It's no GS!

• Like 2

I guess that's why tall boots are so important.  If there's no leg clearance, perhaps the boot, along with some good abrasion-resistant riding pants, will take some of the friction, at least part way up your leg.  I was hoping there would be something that would fit through the front fairing to push things out a bit.  If I'm riding with my soft panniers, that will give me some clearance.    I was thinking that some bigger footpegs might help as well, but the fact that they hinge on the spring perhaps negates any clearance help they might create.  

The ProBrake product looks really well made.  

I'm curious, do you plan to keep sitting on your bike when it goes down?

I rather think that won't happen...

• 1 month later...

Mine has acerbis case guards and yamaha rally bash plate, no crash bars because I don't think the Tenere needs them. 

Bars add weight, and the fairings are replaceable for not a lot of money.   

Oh ya, get handguards.    

My friends tenere has been dropped, flipped over, bashed on all sides and he doesn't have crash bars.  His fairings are scratched up but it still works and it looks cool. 

His engine cases are scratched up, so seeing his made me decide to get the acerbis case guards.  They don't weigh hardly anything. 

Edited by EverydayTenere
  • Like 1