Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Best (complete) travel tool kit

Tore

Go! 

Or if you care to elaborate: what tools is a must to carry on enduro tracks? 

Great question.  I'm still piecing together my kit, but this little set is always on my motorcycles: 

Wera Tool Check Plus 

Wera 056490 Tool-Check Plus Bit Ratchet Set with Sockets - Metric: Amazon.com: Tools & Home Improvement

Tire pump (mountain bike sized)

Battery Headlamp

Small 1" roll of gorilla tape

Zip ties

On order- axle removal tool kit - Eastbound 

This Yamaha tool kit contains all the tools to remove and install front and rear wheels on the Yamaha Ténéré 700, packaged in a small heavy-duty canvas pouch measuring 17cm x 9cm with zipper.

Need to get some tire spoons

Spare tube

Tusk kick stand thing to help hold up the bike to change tires

Edited by zimm
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, zimm said:

Tusk kick stand thing to help hold up the bike to change tires

While you are shopping Eastbound, get their Trail Jack - nice little tool  - very light.  I have it.

• Like 1

Incredibly compact set arrangement with many tools in a minimum of space. A completely new ratchet set feeling thanks to the unique textile boxes that are very robust and durable. They can be positioned upright for tidy storage on...

(metric version)

With this Tool Kit you expand your Wheel Service Kit to a complete tool kit for wheel and brake service, replace tyres or to repair a puncture.

This Yamaha tool kit contains all the tools to remove and install front and rear wheels on the Yamaha Ténéré 700, packaged in a small heavy-duty canvas pouch measuring 17cm x 9cm with zipper.

Great for fixing flats, chain maintenance, and emergency repairs · Quickly jack one wheel off the ground · Supports 240+ kg motorcycles · Ultralight 123 grams

Few adapters (to play 3/8...1/4...1/2)

Most repairs is done with this set, in garage have bigger set with torque wrench. Everything fits under saddle easily. 

I have also tyre pump 12v and some tyre batches. 

Edited by rundll
  • Like 1

Having carried a full roll of gorilla tape, the 1" small roll of gorilla tape @zimm mentioned is awesome, along with the rest of his list.

Fenix makes awesome headlamps in a range of styles. Some have magnetic bases so you can snap them somewhere to work, and almost all are rechargeable and waterproof. I have an HM61R that's lasted for years and the battery holds a charge forever. Top strap not necessary. The HM50R is a smaller version.

And MotoPumps makes a great electric pump that has been a workhorse for us. Order through this links on this thread for a discount. These one or two of these tiny doodads here make trail-side tire changes so much easier. These RimShields are a bit bigger and protect your rims, but they also greatly reduce the friction between the rim and tire iron and also make life easier. They're bigger, but a set fits perfectly in the MotoPump case.

advgoats.com