Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

My wheelie progression

syntarx

FYI, after installing a aftermarket exhaust my T7 it lift without the need to pop the clutch, although getting the clutch pop technique master is a good thing.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, syntarx said:

It's not that annoying. After all, it's just two years and I can ride plenty fast with 35kw. If I was allowed to ride a 1000ccm already, I probably wouldn't be writing on this forum right now. It protects us hotheads I guess. What doesn't really make sense to me is that the restriction is at 35KW. I personally started with that, never ridden a 125ccm or similar before. And like I said, 35KW gets you to >170km/h, which is insanely fast for a first time rider.

Personally I think the fun is the acceleration, driving fast here will get you in jail so no point going at 170km/h but getting to 100km quick and going through the gears is fun... but in a way  it will be a brand new bike once you get it unlock. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, maddog123 said:

FYI, after installing a aftermarket exhaust my T7 it lift without the need to pop the clutch, although getting the clutch pop technique master is a good thing.    

What brand did you go with, if I may ask?

9 minutes ago, maddog123 said:

Personally I think the fun is the acceleration, driving fast here will get you in jail so no point going at 170km/h but getting to 100km quick and going through the gears is fun... but in a way  it will be a brand new bike once you get it unlock. 

I'm sure of that. Looking forward to the improved acceleration.

8 minutes ago, syntarx said:

What brand did you go with, if I may ask?

yes for sure, I got a yoshimura ...  I also put in a performance air filter but I didn't feel a difference there... that's her right there 

image.png.3ea7d35cc2f20d4f3186f2ef2c3ee565.png

Edited by maddog123
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, maddog123 said:

yes for sure, I got a yoshimura ...  I also put in a performance air filter but I didn't feel a difference there... that's her right there 

image.png.3ea7d35cc2f20d4f3186f2ef2c3ee565.png

How is it compared to the OEM regarding the bending and eating into swing arm issue?

27 minutes ago, syntarx said:

How is it compared to the OEM regarding the bending and eating into swing arm issue?

I am not sure what you mean ? 

1 minute ago, maddog123 said:

I am not sure what you mean ? 

There's this known issue on the stock exhaust, when you drop it, the exhaust bends into the swing arm which results in a lot of wear.

1 minute ago, syntarx said:

There's this known issue on the stock exhaust, when you drop it, the exhaust bends into the swing arm which results in a lot of wear.

I am sure this one wouldn't differ, just just have to make sure you drop it on the other side lol ...  I was tempted to get the high exhaust but then I would've need the tidy tails in order to have the flasher not directly in front of the exhaust and that was more that I wanted to spend for the time.     

1 minute ago, maddog123 said:

I am sure this one wouldn't differ, just just have to make sure you drop it on the other side lol ...  I was tempted to get the high exhaust but then I would've need the tidy tails in order to have the flasher not directly in front of the exhaust and that was more that I wanted to spend for the time.     

Fair enough. I think I will go with either the HP Corse or Mivv high exhaust and get a cheap tail tidy. Will post my final choice on the build thread in the next couple of months.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 12:36 PM, syntarx said:

Fair enough. I think I will go with either the HP Corse or Mivv high exhaust and get a cheap tail tidy. Will post my final choice on the build thread in the next couple of months.

On 4/9/2024 at 12:36 PM, syntarx said:

If it helps, here  is the HP Corse with the Yoshimura  Tail Tidy. The blinkers  can  be mounted in an upper or  lower  position. Mine are now in the lower position since  adding  the  exhaust. The rack is a  B&B Offroad Compact Tail  Rack that  mounts  without  interfering with the  HP Corse  mounting  bracket. Last  pic shows  the  Gnoblin  mounting position for the Mosko bags.

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrsenecan said:

If it helps, here  is the HP Corse with the Yoshimura  Tail Tidy. The blinkers  can  be mounted in an upper or  lower  position. Mine are now in the lower position since  adding  the  exhaust. The rack is a  B&B Offroad Compact Tail  Rack that  mounts  without  interfering with the  HP Corse  mounting  bracket. Last  pic shows  the  Gnoblin  mounting position for the Mosko bags.

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

That does help, thanks! I intend to get the R80 and that seems to work perfectly with your setup. Instead of the B&B Rack, I intend to get the Panonian one. Is the Gnoblin worth it?

Sure, my Mosko bags are the R40 for reference  and yes, I love the security and quicker attach/detach of the Gnoblin.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 10:25 PM, hrsenecan said:

Sure, my Mosko bags are the R40 for reference  and yes, I love the security and quicker attach/detach of the Gnoblin.

I had not heard of Panonian but just checked out there site. Nice looking stuff for sure, but I don't think their Top Luggage Rack mounts would be compatible with the HP Corse High Mount Exhaust mounting bracket without modification. Haven't looked at  Mivv. I was really happy with my ALTRider Rear Luggage Rack with my stock exhaust, but it wasn't compatible with the HP Corse High Exhaust without fabricating something, which is how I landed on the B&B Offroad version.