Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bash plate Camel versions and axp for the e4

Adaptableadv

Hi everyone hope we are all well, I'm currently trying to settle on a bashplate to buy for my T7 and was wondering if anyone had any experience of both the AXP or Camel Gut Guard I've got some questions on both

Our T7 is a 2020 Euro 4. Planning on not running crash bars and looking at the Camel side Panels.

For those with the E4 has anyone gone for either of the above plates in the E5 variation if so any pics?

On the Euro 4 axp can you see the oil sight window on it?

Anyone had any issues with the AXP? That's the one I'm most unsure about.

On the @Camel ADV does anyone know if the Euro 4 version has the recessed bolts?

On the Camel what water pump protection is everyone using in conjunction with it? 

Up to now I've not read a single bad word about the Camel which is encouraging 🙂

I'm mainly riding on Rocky trails in the Peak District 

Just a bit unsure between the different materials so thought I'd ask on the forum.

Every days a learning day so quite curious to seek everyone's advice

Thanks in advance. 

spacer.png

Edited by Adaptableadv

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Adaptableadv said:

Hi everyone hope we are all well, I'm currently trying to settle on a bashplate to buy for my T7 and was wondering if anyone had any experience of both the AXP or Camel Gut Guard I've got some questions on both

Our T7 is a 2020 Euro 4. Planning on not running crash bars and looking at the Camel side Panels.

For those with the E4 has anyone gone for either of the above plates in the E5 variation if so any pics?

On the Euro 4 axp can you see the oil sight window on it?

Anyone had any issues with the AXP? That's the one I'm most unsure about.

On the @Camel ADV does anyone know if the Euro 4 version has the recessed bolts? Yes, see below.

On the Camel what water pump protection is everyone using in conjunction with it? Tourtech or just about any like style will work.

Up to now I've not read a single bad word about the Camel which is encouraging 🙂

I'm mainly riding on Rocky trails in the Peak District 

Just a bit unsure between the different materials so thought I'd ask on the forum.

Every days a learning day so quite curious to seek everyone's advice

Thanks in advance. 

See 14:39 for a view of the recessed mounting bolts.  Bulletproof design, Camel for the win!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Thanks AZW 🙂 can't find a bad word about them either which is ace! 

• Like 2

Check out Camel ADV YouTube page and watch some of the videos.

The guy riding the T7 is Cory, the owner of Camel ADV.

You can't get a better endorsement than that, he tests everything himself!

I am not saying AXP stuff is bad, it just hard to beat the commitment of the Camel ADV team.

Customer service, even after the sale, is outstanding, he watches this site we are on and comments on questions often.

https://www.youtube.com/@CamelADV/videos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Posted (edited)

Thanks Hibobb yep Cory's videos and the fact he uses the stuff and commented on the Screw issue before the recesses in the video really impressed me.

Especially after watching Adrian Tompson's video on YouTube about his issues with axp an the lack of interest when he had an issue in just a couple of weeks has really got me leaning towards the Camel at the mo 🙂

Edited by Adaptableadv
  • Like 1

Another benefit of @Camel ADV is their impeccable customer service.  They are without a doubt one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with, both on a personal as well as professional level!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Hollybrook that's really brilliant to hear 🙂

• Like 1

+1 for the camel plate. I'm usually open to new materials, but for a bash plate in rocks I only want metal. The hybrid approach with the plastic strip is a good compromise, and the holes on the side allow for a trail stand to lift the bike up. Not sure if that's doable with plastic.

PXL_20231014_205720525.jpg.9e52a4e6be5884874c87392ac9621ffb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

advgoats.com

Have been very happy with the AXP on my 2021 T7 which has great protection s for the water pump on the right side & the side stand switch on the left + extension for the shock linkage...the resin material is quieter than aluminum & slides easily over obstacles. 

Yamaha Tenere 700, Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 ES, Ride Reviews

• Thanks 1

Thanks Random N Prowlin brill info n pics 

That's a good point on the trail stand with the tubes 🙂

• Supporting Vendor
On 4/2/2024 at 5:05 AM, Adaptableadv said:

On the Camel what water pump protection is everyone using in conjunction with it? 

spacer.png

The pic below shows the stupid stuff our group rides. None of my T7 riding friends have ever had an issue with the pump.

Water pump protection is often mentioned, but I've never seen or heard of anyone damaging their T7 water pump. Never say never, but it just hasn't been the big issue many believed it would be.
The pump housing has no large flat spots that are prone to cracking... it's a compact and pretty stout piece.

image.jpeg.8df8b4ab442998d2e297db6cc4148264.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Camel ADVthat's some epic product testing! 

Just waiting to hear back from Rugged roads popped them an email a few days back (was a bank hol on monday() 🙂 I'll have to give them a buzz in the morning. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply an answer my question. 

Edited by Adaptableadv
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just ordered the Euro 4 Camel Guard in black 🙂 Thanks everyone for the replies excited for it arriving RR had it in stock.

Decided to support the Supplier who took the time to reply so kudos to @Camel ADV you just got another customer.

Ordered the e4 diagnostic cable and the fuel cap o ring as well while I was at it.

Edited by Adaptableadv
  • Like 6

On 4/3/2024 at 3:03 PM, Camel ADV said:

Water pump protection is often mentioned, but I've never seen or heard of anyone damaging their T7 water pump. Never say never, but it just hasn't been the big issue many believed it would be.
The pump housing has no large flat spots that are prone to cracking... it's a compact and pretty stout piece.

In their 300,000 kilometer update on the Ride ADV tour fleet, Yager showed a pump cover that was hit hard enough to weep a little bit. The bike made it back to the shop under its own power and they took the cover off and smeared on some JB Weld. In that many miles and as much as they crash, I'd say that's confirmation of what Corey is saying –– the water pump is not a vulnerable part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1