Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Motorcycle stands

long hair

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a stand that works well with a T7?

Not sure what kind of stand you have in mind, but this one from Harbor Freight works great for many maintenance tasks on my T7 and other bikes. Solid with a 1,500 lb capacity, and the lifted bike can be wheeled around the garage on it once in the air. Especially good for things like front end/fork work that's not so good when a bike is on the maintenance table.

1500 lb. Steel ATV/Motorcycle Lift (harborfreight.com)

20230210_100133.jpg.fbed897435e1a91e23a89305e54774de.jpg20240404_085551.jpg.ca9f7ad64253215cb615f23afa637738.jpg

Edited by jdub53
Link added

This is the one I use:

Kaufen Sie Motorradheber 500 kg Motorrad Hebebühne 90mm - 500 mm Montageständer Montagebock im Auto & Motorrad-Shop auf...

Works well, make sure you get one with sufficient height - mine extends to 42cm, some don't go that high.

I picked this one up from Amazon.  Love it.  You can wheel the bike around once it's up on the lift.  You can use a power tool with a 22 mm  socket to lift and lower it, but I find doing it by hand is easy enough.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4KS7PJR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Edited by SXXP
  • Like 1

@SXXP how stable do you find it to be while on the lift? 

On 4/15/2024 at 8:26 AM, Michael Kennedy said:

@SXXP how stable do you find it to be while on the lift? 

Once you have the entire weight of the bike on the lift it's very stable.  During the initial jacking up process keep a hand on the bike so it doesn't tip one way or the other until all the weight is on the lift.  I don't use tie downs or anything else to secure the bike once it's jacked up.....the lift platform is fairly wide so the bike isn't 'tippy" once jacked up.  Plenty of vertical lift too as both wheels comfortably clear the ground and compresses down pretty flat so it can be stored under a car in the garage if necessary.  You'll have to find the right spot (fore/aft positioning) to place the platform under the bike so both wheels lift off the ground more or less together.  I've played around with it and marked the platform with a sharpie so I get it right every time.  One  minor nit is your garage floor has to be swept clean in order for you to wheel the bike around on the lift.....the small wheels can get hung up on debris on the ground and not want to move.  It was a great buy especially as I'm working in a very confined space and having the ability to spin the bike around on  a dime is nice.  Highly recommended and the price is right too.

Note:  All of the above applies with a skid plate on the bike (works with the stock skid plate and now with the upgraded Tusk skid plate).  Can't vouch for the lift without a skid plate on the bike.

Edited by SXXP

Excellent to hear, thank you for the detailed response @sxxp. My T7 has a skid plate too so probably the same set up. The price is more than right. Cheers.

Here's a pic:

image.jpeg.6cd4dbc538f3bb16885363d1f924e97b.jpeg

• Like 3

^Love it. Sops up any leaking oil too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Peen said:

You lot with your fancy bike stands...

Bit of log cut the right size has done the job for my bikes for years.

An organic and renewable product.

IMG_20230410_173441_153.jpg.6cb55fb5080697600ddbec94dd09697e.jpg

Waiting for someone to ask for an amazon link 😁

• Haha 3

Universal workshop lift for this and that. Car engines, excavator parts and bikes too. But you need a little more space to store that thing.

Rumhängen.jpg

Edited by Ede-DE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Ede-DE I've used one of those hoists to load a heavy bike in the back of a truck. 

• Like 1