Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Help identify where this fell from?

Adding a Scotts damper pulled the fuel tank back and heard a light clunk in the bash plate. Found this rubber pad and can't see where it came from. Somebody point me in the right direction?

image_67152641.jpeg

image_67203841.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TC50 said:

Found it 

image_67232257.jpeg

Its marked 'R', meaning Right. You put it in the Left...(on picture)...uhh.🤔

• Like 1

On the left correct but it was in the right-side piece. The other still had the "left" bumper on it. I wasn't orienting them in the picture just took it to show.

When I was adding heated grips, one of mine fell off/out too. The panel never seemed to compress it to stay in place, so I added a little thicker foam there.

I think I can remember at least THREE of the exact posts here, over the years. it certainly helped when it happened to me 🙃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thepointchris said:

I think I can remember at least THREE of the exact posts here, over the years. it certainly helped when it happened to me 🙃

Yeah, this one comes up approximately every 4 months 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I tossed mine after they fell off twice. 

Edited by Simmons1
  • Like 2

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

On 4/19/2024 at 9:36 PM, thepointchris said:

What would the magic words I should have used to find these wonderful posts about these bumpers I had no idea came from at the time? 

Just so I know for next time

To get to "thepointchris"  🙂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TC50 said:

What would the magic words I should have used to find these wonderful posts about these bumpers I had no idea came from at the time? 

Oh I have NO clue 🤔

• Moderators
9 hours ago, TC50 said:

Searching "Identify this part" this popped up on the second page. I've pinned it to make it easier for others to locate, because it does come up often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS