Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Who has installed a taller windshield?

TimG

Question

What's worked out well?

I'm 5'9 or so and have a Schuberth E1 helmet.

The sun visor vibrates making a resonant 'thrum' and there's quite a bit of wind noise yet if you hold a hand up in front of the helmet there's little wind as such - still air.

Taking the sun visor off gets rid of the thrumming but not the wind noise.

Standing on the pegs so the helmet is in clean air and the helmet is very quiet with and without the sun visor.

I've removed the windscreen and taped it to the bike in a lower position level with the bar behind the speedo, taped it up in a higher position, made up some 'deflectors' which I've taped to the screen in various positions, heights and shapes, sitting tall on some seat padding, trying to sit slumped down low, sitting forward, sitting back etc etc trying to find an indication of what might work to quieten my ride.

I understand there are many factors involved but would appreciate any comments from those that have tried different screens as to what worked for them and what didn't rather than just  buying something and hoping it might be better. Cheers. 

Schuberth-E1-Guardian-Adventure-Flip-Up-Helmet_1_ml.jpg

IMG_2647 copy.jpg

Making James May look quick!

5 answers to this question

You will have two options - reduce the height or increase it. I'm 5.83 and I have the Skidmarx

I added an MRA spoiler X-CREEN-SPORT

Now it's like in a GS 😉

Depend of what you are searching. Enduro guys will reduce the height.

• Like 1

I also have the same issue. When I lower myself even slightly it feels quiet just like a GS Adv.

After the virus crisis I'll be ordering the Ermax +8cm in clear to keep the look of the bike!

Cheers

10 hours ago, erey said:

You will have two options - reduce the height or increase it. I'm 5.83 and I have the Skidmarx

Now it's like in a GS 😉

Is there any options to go lower..I have always found that doing this creates cleaner air.. And no more buffeting... 

Most manufacturers at the moment make tall screens 😀

2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Is there any options to go lower..I have always found that doing this creates cleaner air.. And no more buffeting... 

13 hours ago, erey said:

Now it's like in a GS 😉

7 hours ago, Joao B. said:

I also have the same issue. When I lower myself even slightly it feels quiet just like a GS Adv.

After the virus crisis I'll be ordering the Ermax +8cm in clear to keep the look of the bike!

Cheers

2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Thanks guys. Yeah seen both those screens in my searching - like the style of the Ermax but function is more important to me than form hence why I asked how folks have found the alternative screens. @Aleksandar13 I didn't find that removing the screen or duct taping it lower made any diference at all. Also tried altering the angle of the lowered screen which made no difference either :( Cheers.

• Like 1

Making James May look quick!