Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Possible delayed delivery in North America

PNWTEN

K10012312111_2003031926_2003031941_01_02

Yamaha Motor, a major motorcycle manufacturer, has been stalling procurement of parts from China due to the spread of the new coronavirus.

5C75F3DE-DB25-4163-96DA-C230A3D57842.jpeg

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

2 hours ago, gone2seed said:

Sucks!

Don’t  Know where I heard it first, “ Life  is  what happens while you are making plans.”

The great man John Lennon sang similar words in "Beautiful Boy", but I think someone else came up with the phrase.

I know it doesn't help, but I really feel for the guys that want one but can't get it. I nearly gave up myself after the delay and was looking at the new Honda Africa Twin or Ducati Multistrada 950S, I'm glad I waited and so is my wallet 😆 

• Like 1

And would of it be nice to have gotten an Email,text, or phone call from the dealer, distributer , or Yamaha 

Edited by Guest
Who knows?

I would guess, pre 2020 orders. Parts have been fulfilled, as the almost two months to get them from factory to dealer. Also, they say only a few days down. Not weeks.

Thay cant control China, but. Let’s face it. The worlds gotta keep going, despite the big banks of the USA and the governments conceived plan to get rid of the weak, poor, imagrants, and elderly. Then again, if we dont see 3m, Dow, and Ford etc being taken over in the near future. Ill eat my shorts Bart.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Thanks for the update, but This is for the US factories of other Yamaha Powersports  not the Japanese factory that’s building the T-700.  

Yamaha is shutting all Japanese factories one week before and after Golden Week April 29-May 6

That will slow production down

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A person living in Japan reported the below statement--->

The government doesn't have the power to compel businesses to close in Japan, only to request that they do so. The aim is to stop people from gathering in retail shops, not to shut down factories. There are supply chain issues with China that has caused production interruptions for the bike makers, but it's not along the lines of that this poorly researched article describes.

Which maps to this article more closely...

5C75F3DE-DB25-4163-96DA-C230A3D57842.jpeg

Edited by ADVUSA

I agree and think pre-ordered according to ADVrider comments will arrive in CA end of May.  That's what a few dealers are telling pre-ordered buyers.

Also, CA shipment is confirmed for end of May, with a shortage of just 150 bikes due in June.

US pre-orders likely will arrive end of June / July.

And I'm not posting my bike for sale until the T7 arrives AND  is plated !

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Thanks 1

As others noticed and mentioned on ADVrider the Canadian bikes in the vid had Brembo callipers.  Some will be happy as many of us were told Canadian and USA bikes would get Nissen.  

MY dealer's reply this morning:

"My family and I are all good. Thank you. I hope you and your family are well. I did talk to the rep yesterday and I'm being told end of May, but I'm hoping sooner. I am talking to all of our reps about 2-3 times a week on inventory and outstanding orders including customers waiting for their machine to get here."

This is in upstate NY

Edited by Guest

I'll be pulling off those massive turn signals in a hurry... I have stuff in already and don't even have a bike to install them on!

The Yamaha rep here told me I am still on schedule!!!

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

• 11 months later...
On 4/3/2020 at 9:47 PM, Guest said:

And would of it be nice to have gotten an Email,text, or phone call from the dealer, distributer , or Yamaha 

The dealer that I ordered from on Feb. 8th told me that Yamaha is never very transparent when it comes to shipping products and fulfilling orders.  He said that they often times only know to expect what was ordered when they finally receive an invoice from Yamaha.  They have still gotten no word on my T7 from Yamaha since I put money down to order.