Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is the stock handlebar mount adjustable?

Scaryfast

Question

Hi, can the stock handlebar clamps be flipped around or reversed to adjust the reach or fore/aft position?

I'm not yet an owner, but, from photos of the OE risers they appear to be offset. Similar to Yamaha MX bikes, perhaps they can be unbolted and spun around 180 degrees for a slightly more forward position?

I did not see any reference to this in the electronic version of the owner's manual. First hand experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

rehausses-de-guidon-pour-tenere-700.jpg

3 answers to this question

• Supporting Vendor
51 minutes ago, Scaryfast said:

Hi, can the stock handlebar clamps be flipped around or reversed to adjust the reach or fore/aft position?

I'm not yet an owner, but, from photos of the OE risers they appear to be offset. Similar to Yamaha MX bikes, perhaps they can be unbolted and spun around 180 degrees for a slightly more forward position?

I did not see any reference to this in the electronic version of the owner's manual. First hand experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

rehausses-de-guidon-pour-tenere-700.jpg

Yup, it can. You need literally 2ft worth of extensions to get at the nuts on the underside  to unbolt it but it can be done with the upper triple left on.

• Like 6

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

On 4/6/2020 at 3:02 AM, Camel ADV said:

Yup, it can. You need literally 2ft worth of extensions to get at the nuts on the underside  to unbolt it but it can be done with the upper triple left on.

Has anybody done this and feels it adds anything for them? Am 183cm and I did this mod on the Africa Twin which by the looks of things is similar to the T7 in that it has minimal gain. My handelbars on the T7 are rolled quite far forward already, but still feel like I would like to be over the forks a little more. On acceleration as much as I lean forward it still pulls a bit, but could be my old hips.... Yes I can try and see but its a bit of effort for like I said what appears to be very minimal gain. Any advice appreciated.