Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Adventure spec rear rack

John61

Has anyone got the adventure spec rear rack in the blue? Does it colour match the tenere blue? 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, John61 said:

Thanks, that's a really good match. 

Yes, good colour match, though I think that it makes it look like a cheap DIY self-spray-can job.

• Like 2

Yes, i agree, it makes the bike look cheap, like the Ali levers in orange on kTm bikes.......

• Like 1

Who cares as long as he is happy with what it looks like that's all that matters. I love it when people don't like what I do to my bike.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, manny said:

Who cares as long as he is happy with what it looks like that's all that matters. I love it when people don't like what I do to my bike.

Yeah, I don’t care. Just saying my preference / view point. It is his bike, his choice etc. But Adventure Spec implies rugged and tough and that blue is sure going to scrape up real bad with any serious use; even the hand rails will get marked and become scratchy and tatty very quick from just moving the bike around.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 1:15 PM, Fulvio said:

B29D526C-0BE1-4047-A97E-E51C598E626E.jpeg

This is fantastic looking, even for my T700 SM... Might need to invest at some point for longer trips... 

Did you buy it already painted from As? 

Thank you 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What is the measured weight of these? Can't seem to access the website. 

The AS website is being updated. It should be back online at 8pm UK time tonight. July the 1st.

New update from their website:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: THIS WEBSITE IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED - We were due to go live on 1st July but we're having a few teething troubles. We will update you again at 20:00GMT 01/07/2020

Too bad I'm itching to get one too. 

Looking at the OP's photo, does this Adv Spec rack fit well with the Yamaha rally seat?  Any mods needed?

I’m interested in an all

black one. Hopefully they’ll get back up and running soon. 

2 hours ago, Too Tall said:

Looking at the OP's photo, does this Adv Spec rack fit well with the Yamaha rally seat?  Any mods needed?

No mods are required to fit the top and side racks with the rally seat.

Has anyone tried it with a giant loop great basin? Want to know if the side rails get in the way.. 

I’m trying to order one now. Sent an email today and got a generic reply saying Peter or Dan would be in contact with me later. Website wouldn’t process my purchase on checkout. 

Would also like to purchase one in black but USA website is a no go.

• 1 month later...

Red is EU. I kinda like the mis-match. It does match the net. Rack is super light, half the weight are the bolts. 

0814201831.thumb.jpg.68291478463e39f37b690e2e9c482936.jpg0814201831a.thumb.jpg.17d45ce2f78b0825d07bd6c0de9f4bb5.jpg

0822200551.thumb.jpg.a0d7f3765666bc0a57f31b017a44ea58.jpg

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

I am very happy with my decision mate.  It suits what I will be carrying, Nice and light and a neat fit to the lines of the bike. I am yet to try it with my Enduristan Blizzard XL panniers.  I will probably rig something up myself to stop them rubbing the paint of the side panels.