Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Inserting Slime into your tyres.

Allen Kelly

Good morning everyone. (Well it is morning in Australia) and Happy Easter to you all. I would like to get everyone’s feed back on inserting Slime (or comparable products) into your tyres. I have used it on my XT660 and had good results with it. I only use it on tubbed tyres as I understand it can have a corrosive effect on the rims of tubeless tyres. As an aside I found that once it is inserted and the tyres are inflated you need to go for a ride to get the stuff rotated properly around the full diameter of the tube then go home deflate the tyre slowly and thoroughly clean your valve otherwise you may not get an accurate pressure reading.    

IMG_1399.JPG

Edited by Allen Kelly
correction
  • Like 2

I used Slime in my TDM850 (tubeless) for many years. Rode 20 months UK - NZ and it saved me much grief.

Often picked up nails in Pakistan and India without any noticeable effect.

A couple of times I noted a damp circle on my tyre where a hole had just been fixed. When I changed my worn out tyre after India it still had multiple nails in it with the Slime stopping any leaks.

Never had to fix a flat in 20 months with Slime in the tyres. I swear by it for tubeless tyres.

Have also used the tubed version in another bike and had a flat - not so happy with that product line...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RichParkie said:

I used Slime in my TDM850 (tubeless) for many years. Rode 20 months UK - NZ and it saved me much grief.

Often picked up nails in Pakistan and India without any noticeable effect.

A couple of times I noted a damp circle on my tyre where a hole had just been fixed. When I changed my worn out tyre after India it still had multiple nails in it with the Slime stopping any leaks.

Never had to fix a flat in 20 months with Slime in the tyres. I swear by it for tubeless tyres.

Have also used the tubed version in another bike and had a flat - not so happy with that product line...

The only time I had problems was some fence wire penetrated my tyre and ripped the tube nothing was going to fix that.