Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

F1 light reset

Dwight Cairns

Hello I had the fuel tank off my T7 fitting a quickshifter and tried to start bike with out fitting fuel tank as a result the F1 light is now light in dashboard,  can I reset this manual our does it have to go back to the dealers?

• Premium Member

As it is Euro 4 reqs it wouldn’t reset its self after reconnection and 3 full warm up cycles.

So it be get the Correct OBD2 to Yamaha plug adapter and a suitable code reader reset or go for dealer reset.

34 minutes ago, Dwight Cairns said:

Ok thank you for info on this..

I'll try the 3 cycle warm up produce 1st..

Please report back on the quickshifter... What brand how hard to install costs etc... Me and @Rich TTare interested in one as well.

Cheers Aleks 

• Like 1

Hi Aleks,

I fitted Heal Tech iQSE-1 along with the wiring loom QSH-P2A,  very handy fitted and same to work well cost £260 from BDS Racing in UK

Spoiler

15868631039542299630464256240666.jpg

15868631265544373486266312308801.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dwight Cairns said:

Ok thank you for info on this..

I'll try the 3 cycle warm up produce 1st..

3 warm up cycles WON’T work!

Read my 1st reply... 3 Cycle reset only worked for older (euro3 emissions regulations) bikes. 
3 cycles won’t work on your bike.

Oh we call it Engine Check Light (ECL) here.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Dwight Cairns said:

So will she need plugged into the Yamaha dealers computer to get it put out then??

Yes!!!!! Or get a OBD2 code reader with reset ability and an adopter for Yamaha connection.

• Premium Member

Yes Dealer. Or get the hold of a OBD2 reader that has reset functions and get the correct OBD2  adopter for Yamaha connection. Go Dealer, be easier.

I presume this can be fitted without getting a FI error?

Yes, I think what happened I turned the engine over without the fuel tank attached and i think that's that through on the Engine management light!!

But outside off that it's a great piece of kit..

• Like 1

I got this on my MT09 when I was running the rear wheel to clean the chain. Bike didn't like 1 wheel spinning and not both. Got a Bluetooth adapter off Ebay and used an app on my phone, worked great and saved a trip to the dealers 👍🏼

• Like 1