Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

off road tyre

Johax

Question

I found this model not expensive:

mitas-e-09-1024x575.jpg

Tread pattern for mainly off-road riding. Excellent traction off-road and good stability on dry and wet roads.

i like to try this

<div id="bloop_customfont"><strong>*** ARRIVING IN AUS LATE SEPTEMBER ***</strong><br /><br />The GT823KH is our performance adventure tyre. It was developed to deliver an incredible feeling on asphalt, low road noise and extended longevity while it&rsquo

What do you think?

there are person than use the T7 in extreme condition?

8 answers to this question

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Johax said:

mitas-e-09-1024x575.jpg

Tread pattern for mainly off-road riding. Excellent traction off-road and good stability on dry and wet roads.

i like to try this

<div id="bloop_customfont"><strong>*** ARRIVING IN AUS LATE SEPTEMBER ***</strong><br /><br />The GT823KH is our performance adventure tyre. It was developed to deliver an incredible feeling on asphalt, low road noise and extended longevity while it&rsquo

What do you think?

I can recommend Mitas e-09 or e-12 (very similar). I'm riding e-09 for several years on different bikes and for 2k km i'm riding Mitas e12 on my T7. 

And most important - Chris Birch is riding them!! 😄😄😄

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Johax said:

mitas-e-09-1024x575.jpg

i like to try this

What do you think?

I used Mitas E-09 on my Dr650 for some time, it's durable with good grip. Probably I will put  E-09  rear tire on my T7 soon. I don't recommend E-09  front tire, better to use Mitas MC-23 Rockrider, works well.

Edited by slawmir

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, slawmir said:

I used Mitas E-09 on my Dr650 for some time, it's durable with good grip. Probably I will put  E-09  rear tire on my T7 soon. I don't recommend E-09  front tire, better to use Mitas MC-23 Rockrider, works well.

Completly agree on e-09 front! Don't do it. And i'm also using Mitas MC-23 front. Also very good tire, but will try Mitas e13 next time.

I run the 09 on my 701, i dont like it very much.
Very Hard..
I would like to test a mitas mc 23 rear , seems like a michelin mt21. Pretty good all round tire

I like the Dunlop D 606 for mostly off road riding.  Like any knobby tire, street riding eats it up, but it rides good on road and has great traction off road. 

dunlop_d606_dual_sport_tires.jpg

Dunlop designed the D606 Dual Sport tire to be street-legal but with an emphasis on aggressive off-road riding and great durability.  A full-depth tre…

Mitas E09 / E10 rear

Pirelli Scorpon Rally front.

I used this combination for quite a number of years on my F8GS. The front hangs onto tar surprisingly well even in the wet.

I did use the scorpion rally rear ( not the STR ) when I couldn't get the Mitas

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/scorpion-rally

I will go with this combo when the OEM STRs wear out.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

I have been hearing rave reviews about the Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires. Good bite on gravel roads, but I guess they ride awesome on the pavement, lean great and last alot of miles. Probably what I'm getting. A lot of guys on advrider have switched to these. Guys are getting 8000 miles out of the rear tire, many more out of the front.

dunlop_trailmax_mission_tires.jpg

The Trailmax Mission Tire is Dunlop's aggressively blocked "50/50" adventure tire. The...

• Like 1

Don't think the Mission tyres are available in Australia yet. But the early feedback suggests that they are a good setup.