Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

007 Reporting for Duty

007erenet

Hi there T7 forum, 007erenet here (aka Mike from sunny Leicestershire - UK). I signed up the other day and have spent the past few days trawling through lots of your very interesting and informative posts and generally trying to figure out how forums work (Not very social media savvy you see, being far too old & ugly for that sort of malarkey). Hopefully I’ll be able to contribute something along the way (If I can figure which buttons to press!)

My T7 was newly registered beginning of March, but not quite reached its first service due to the dreaded lurgy. Additions so far include a Crapovič pipe (or is that Akrapovič?) and a Shido Lithium battery, both to offset some of the weight of the other junk – Outback Motorteck Engine Bars, SW-Motech Centre Stand, Outback Motorteck Pannier Racks with Mosko Moto Wedges (& Rotopax Fuel Can – to help alleviate range anxiety caused by the dodgy T7 fuel gauge), Barkbusters , an OEM Mono Seat Rack and of course a very heavy ABUS disklock/chain seen here adorning the engine bars.

Hope you are all well & not getting too fed up in lockdownland!

007 out

DSCF3374.JPG

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Welcome. All good stuff. Fuel gauge not really dodgy, you great to adopt to it. I believe fuel cans not really need by many in anywhere in Europe. But nice mod to carry one and the lock. Engine free revs better after some miles are racked up. Enjoy shopping trip rides during lurgy time.

Yeah, welcome mate. So how sunny is it really in Leicestershire? I've never been anywhere up that way, maybe pay a visit in January of some year as here around that time of year it gets Fooken sunny, I mean real Fooken sunny and i'm not a fan of that, being an outdoors sort of person and not wanting to die and all.  So you have put a lot of stuff on your bike, and i'm sure, being a 007 there is a lot of stuff on there that you won't tell us about. We'll just have to find out the hard way.

Lockdown is just one big Saturday. Every day I get up and I know, i'm not working today, not working tomorrow and the kids are at home, must be Saturday? Time for a drink.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

Yeah, welcome mate. So how sunny is it really in Leicestershire? I've never been anywhere up that way, maybe pay a visit in January of some year as here around that time of year it gets Fooken sunny, I mean real Fooken sunny and i'm not a fan of that, being an outdoors sort of person and not wanting to die and all.  So you have put a lot of stuff on your bike, and i'm sure, being a 007 there is a lot of stuff on there that you won't tell us about. We'll just have to find out the hard way.

Lockdown is just one big Saturday. Every day I get up and I know, i'm not working today, not working tomorrow and the kids are at home, must be Saturday? Time for a drink.

Hi Shaneygrog

Actually been very sunny here since lockdown began, which is great for sitting in the garden, but very frustrating on the unable to ride (far!) front.

Don’t recommend January in the UK, unless you enjoy freezing your nuts off under a dark, grey and very wet sky

• Like 1

Welcome,  and nice bike!!, I'm thinking of getting the mono seat...do you recommend it...? Cheers,  Steve 

20 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Welcome,  and nice bike!!, I'm thinking of getting the mono seat...do you recommend it...? Cheers,  Steve 

Thanks Steve,

I bought the Mono Seat Rack in order to fit the Mosko Moto 40 litre Duffle that I bought with their soft pannier system (without having to have a rear rack). The arrangement appears to work well, with the Mono Seat Rack giving what appears to be adequate support to the stiff underside of the duffle. However, I’ve not had a chance yet to try it out properly for obvious reasons. The Mono Seat Rack says on it – 5kg Max, which I’m hoping is a gross underestimate of its abilities, cause it’s going to have to carry a lot more than that. Other than that it appears to be well made and has more room underneath than the standard pillion seat, with a rubber strap tool storage thingy.

Thanks,  I noticed the 5kg max as well but I'm sure it will take a lot more...does it definitely undo with the key...? Those Mototrek protection bars look seriously strong!  Cheers,  Steve 

20 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Thanks,  I noticed the 5kg max as well but I'm sure it will take a lot more...does it definitely undo with the key...? Those Mototrek protection bars look seriously strong!  Cheers,  Steve 

Yes, same as the pillion seat. Mine can be difficult to click back down into position sometimes, but not a great problem.

Take a look at the Outback Motortek website to see video of them dragging a T7 on its side with their bars on over rough ground!

Edited by 007erenet

On 4/18/2020 at 1:29 AM, 007erenet said:

Hi there T7 forum, 007erenet here (aka Mike from sunny Leicestershire - UK). I signed up the other day and have spent the past few days trawling through lots of your very interesting and informative posts and generally trying to figure out how forums work (Not very social media savvy you see, being far too old & ugly for that sort of malarkey). Hopefully I’ll be able to contribute something along the way (If I can figure which buttons to press!)

My T7 was newly registered beginning of March, but not quite reached its first service due to the dreaded lurgy. Additions so far include a Crapovič pipe (or is that Akrapovič?) and a Shido Lithium battery, both to offset some of the weight of the other junk – Outback Motorteck Engine Bars, SW-Motech Centre Stand, Outback Motorteck Pannier Racks with Mosko Moto Wedges (& Rotopax Fuel Can – to help alleviate range anxiety caused by the dodgy T7 fuel gauge), Barkbusters , an OEM Mono Seat Rack and of course a very heavy ABUS disklock/chain seen here adorning the engine bars.

Hope you are all well & not getting too fed up in lockdownland!

007 out

DSCF3374.JPG

Welcome mate, enjoy the site. You are never too old to learn.

• Like 1