Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SPY 5000 alarm system

007erenet

Question

Anyone out there tried fitting (or have any other feedback on) the SPY 5000 alarm system to a T7. Can’t seem to find any alarm system on the web that I feel 100% happy about buying. The Spy 5000 looks about as good as I’m going to find, but still have my doubts.

5 answers to this question

I have this one on mine, it's a cheap one, only to sing if anyone touch it...

It have almost one year and is working always, direct on the batery, and no problems in the last bike and no problems in this one...

#Aliexpress € 8,95  30%de desconto | 1 conjunto 12 v motocicleta bicicleta anti-roubo sistema de alarme de segurança scooter 125db controle remoto chave escudo do motor início da motocicleta alto-falante
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dTJU0xQ

1 hour ago, 007erenet said:

Anyone out there tried fitting (or have any other feedback on) the SPY 5000 alarm system to a T7. Can’t seem to find any alarm system on the web that I feel 100% happy about buying. The Spy 5000 looks about as good as I’m going to find, but still have my doubts.

What’s abaut disc break lock with alarm function... Have heard that those who have one are happy with that. 

59 minutes ago, bikeever said:

What’s abaut disc break lock with alarm function... Have heard that those who have one are happy with that. 

Hi Bikeever

Yes, I already have an ABUS GRANIT Detecto XPlus 8077 alarmed disk lock & chain. The idea of the SPY 5000 is that it can send a signal 5000m to vibrate a pager in your pocket for when you are out of earshot (it also has a proximity sensor). Belt & Braces essentially. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lupan said:

I have this one on mine, it's a cheap one, only to sing if anyone touch it...

It have almost one year and is working always, direct on the batery, and no problems in the last bike and no problems in this one...

#Aliexpress € 8,95  30%de desconto | 1 conjunto 12 v motocicleta bicicleta anti-roubo sistema de alarme de segurança scooter 125db controle remoto chave escudo do motor início da motocicleta alto-falante
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dTJU0xQ

Hi Lupan

I’m really looking for something a bit more sophisticated that can send a signal to vibrate a pager in your pocket (or call your phone) for when you are out of earshot. Thanks for the suggestion though.

@007erenet - what system did you end up deciding to go with? 
At the moment I have the Scorpio SRX-900 Security System ($199.99)  in the cart ready for checkout... 

Artboard-1srx-9.jpg

The SRX-900 Hands-Free, 2-way motorcycle alarm system provides the convenience of hands-free operation combined with a compact two-way FM paging security system designed specifically for the motorcycle industry.  The Scorpio SRX-900 is an effective, easy...

"The SRX-900 Hands-Free, 2-way motorcycle alarm system provides the convenience of hands-free operation combined with a compact two-way FM paging security system designed specifically for the motorcycle industry.  The Scorpio SRX-900 is an effective, easy to install Security System that is compatible with any 12V motorcycle."

Sounds too good to be true? Any thoughts / prior experience with the brand or this type of alarm system? 

This would be the first time I am getting an alarm system - figured that with such a vast investment on the bike as of now and counting. An extra layer for deterrent: It can't hurt?

Edited by una.brisa
Added URL
_
una.brisa | 

Filling hearts with smiles, of love, of enthusiasm and tears of joy, and (from time to time) changing the world