Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Pics and vids from EICMA Show! Follow this thread!

Cruizin

This thread is ONLY for pics and videos from the EICMA show!  Please do not post here unless you are uploading pics, video and information from the EICMA show!! 

This below will go into Yamaha's "live video" on November 5th at 9:00 AM Pacific time!  Follow this thread, it's gonna be freaking epic!! 

Spy shots from EICMA booth beng set up!  These were just shared on Facebook from someone claiming to be there setting up displays. That would make sense since today is set up day in Milan. In the first pic, in the background  you can see scaffolding, a ladder towards the back, and a guy up on scaffolding hanging a banner or something.  So, I beleive the validity of these pics. 

The bikes in the pics are slightly different. We only see one bike fully, and it has a "Blue" rear panel. But off to the right in the first pic, we see the rear of a T-7 with a "White" rear panel. 

And in the rear of the second pic, you can see another bike with a black cover over it, that is certainly the new production model. 

And the other two T-7's are the pre production models? 

setup day1.jpg

setupday2.jpg

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Bravo Fabros! I'll make you adfree/premium member tonight!

Thank you, sir. I always keep my promises. ? 

3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I like that red and white model

So do I. 

37 minutes ago, NRWhiteKnight said:

Awesome pictures!!!!

Thanks. ? 

16 minutes ago, prwatts said:

Thanks Fabros,  great photos  ?   I still cant see why its 205 kg compared to the World Raid.  Maybe 5 extra kgs in the zorst.....

Thank you! The exhaust is for Euro4 emission regulations. I swapped the exhaust on my MT07 with Euro4 spec exhaust for an aftermarket MIVV with a de-cat, and saved around 4kg. I will definitely do the same with the T700. 

Fabros

I nearly paid a bundle to fly to Milan to see the new bike but Fabros' pics are so good I didn't need to.

I guess the bike will be in Birmingham next month...

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, prwatts said:

I nearly paid a bundle to fly to Milan to see the new bike but Fabros' pics are so good I didn't need to.

I guess the bike will be in Birmingham next month...

You are very welcome. ?

Yes, I also expect to see it at the Norwegian Motorcycle Fair in March. Maybe I should fly to Birmingham?

Fabros

I’m hoping there will be one in Melbourne in a couple of weeks for the Australian motorcycle expo 

On 11/8/2018 at 5:56 PM, Cruizin said:

A whole bunch of people promised to post pics from EICMA, so far only Fabros has kept the promise, lol .

Yesterday after work I drove back home for about 5 hours.

Today after 4 hours of sleep, 5 hour drive to Milano, 10 hours at EICMA and 5 hour drive back home. 

I'm running low on fuel, really low. 

But at least I found my new love there. 

Red/white tenere. 

6 minutes ago, krucymucy said:

Yesterday after work I drove back home for about 5 hours.

Today after 4 hours of sleep, 5 hour drive to Milano, 10 hours at EICMA and 5 hour drive back home. 

I'm running low on fuel, really low. 

But at least I found my new love there. 

Red/white tenere. 

Thank you! Love is dangerous!! 

33 minutes ago, prwatts said:

So the Red one has the accessories on it?  The Blue one is the standard bike.  I agree the Red one is the one to get.

Black and red/white one are equipped  with different accessories. Blue one was the standard one yes. 

Black and blue have matt grey tank, red one had tank painted in metallic white and looks great. 

Since fabros posted photos of the complete bike, I wasn't able to do that because it was very crowded, so I  tried to take more detailed photos. 

I just came back from Milano...very crowded, almost no chance to make any pictures.

The bikes are much more impressive in reality than on pictures.

I like very much the white/red one...looking forward to the first test ride to send my 10 year old F800GS for retirement.

...and it was very nice to see the old XT 500 on the booth, so many memories...

IMG_7156[1].JPG

I did some videos but because it was so crowded, was impossible to have a good view plan of the bikes. Still I will try to edit and upload here the video showing very near some parts of the bike.

Archived