Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bobble Head speedo cluster

bill

• 1 month later...

Another simple alternative that also prevents the speedo and headlight movement.

DSC_0451.JPG

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

That's a very nice solution to be fair... 👍

Thank you Aleksandar

• 3 months later...

Apart from the annoyance (even in broad daylight) of reflective  roadsigns 'flashing' as I ride past, it was consideration for the unlucky sod driving the car in front of me that led me to purchase Camel Adv's anti-bobble kit.  It duly arrived 3 days later (UK) and nicely made it is too. 

However, I am doing everything I can to lighten my bike and these are very solid and weigh in at nearly half a kilo! I would have thought something a bit less substantial or, perhaps, fabricated from aluminium would work just as well. I don't want to stuff some padding in there and don't have the skills or facilities of the above posters to fabricate my own.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a lighter alternative out there before I go ahead and fit these. 

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

Apart from the annoyance (even in broad daylight) of reflective  roadsigns 'flashing' as I ride past, it was consideration for the unlucky sod driving the car in front of me that led me to purchase Camel Adv's anti-bobble kit.  It duly arrived 3 days later (UK) and nicely made it is too. 

However, I am doing everything I can to lighten my bike and these are very solid and weigh in at nearly half a kilo! I would have thought something a bit less substantial or, perhaps, fabricated from aluminium would work just as well. I don't want to stuff some padding in there and don't have the skills or facilities of the above posters to fabricate my own.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a lighter alternative out there before I go ahead and fit these. 

Looks to me like both the solutions above would be lighter (and presumably cheaper) than the CamAdv kit. Suggest messaging @bill and/or @Japi to see if they'd be willing to fabricate you one!

I might have a go at the @Japi version myself... 

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Just wedge a couple of bits of rubber at the front of the cluster. I’ve done 2000 miles with this solution and it works great. Costs nothing and takes seconds to do.  I just cut two 30mm squares off a rubber mat.  Try it, nothing to lose.

31C826C5-3DF9-4610-960C-F7C38F2C42B0.jpeg

D6DD90AF-4000-43BD-B1FA-C1DAFDAE8992.jpeg

• Like 5

The fun thing about this bike is its a completely open book, there are so many variables and you can virtually turn it into anything you want!

great bit of fabricating there buddy

• 4 months later...