Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

19" /2.15 front wheel wearing a 110/90 Mitas E07+. The handling now even sharper!

Ride & Shine

Hi

very interesting, any issues with the abs and the tachy ? how is the handling on and offroad ? thx

Hi Pedro...no issues at all with the ABS or Tachy. On road where I do most of my riding it is great, the handling stock with 21" front was very good now it is even sharper and more responsive. With COVID19 haven't done any off road yet however i'm not a charger off road and most of what I will encounter which is fire trails, hard pack and gravel won't be affected at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

Jeez, I don't think that's a good idea at all for off road work.??

which is the decision I made since I only have the one bike and a majority of my riding is on the black stuff. Unless you're a genuine off-road hard charger most of what you "actually" do and encounter off road can be handled by a 19" sporting the correct rubber, clearance and most importantly of all CONFIDENCE. But I do acknowledge that most riders (me included) like to look the part even if we're never going to be the part....

16 minutes ago, Ride & Shine said:

which is the decision I made since I only have the one bike and a majority of my riding is on the black stuff. Unless you're a genuine off-road hard charger most of what you "actually" do and encounter off road can be handled by a 19" sporting the correct rubber, clearance and most importantly of all CONFIDENCE. But I do acknowledge that most riders (me included) like to look the part even if we're never going to be the part....

Fair enough, plenty of "adventure" bikes have 19" as standard. I was just looking at your front tyre choice and bashplate and thought maybe you were planning a fair bit of off road work.

I notice you have also raised the forks a little, combined with the smaller wheel the steering must be a lot quicker than standard. Could be quiet a ripper in the tight stuff (black top that is).

Hopefully riding bikes in public will soon not be a shootable offence and we can all go have some fun. 🏍️

Hey Shane....you know as well as I do the amount of gravel, sand and "worse" on Aussie roads. I went with the T700 because of the brilliant engine and decided to make it into an beast that could handle interstate, offroad and around town and well spotted, raising the forks 25mm with the 19" front is brilliant in the twisties. Putty Road, just before COVID19 lock down was 150kms of pure fun! My first blast when we're all free is Syd to Bris on the inland backroad highway, teaming up with a mate in Bris and then hitting the dirt NW of BRis....can't wait! Be safe mate...

• Like 1

That first blast sounds like a hell of a nice time, soon hopefully, enjoy!

My avatar was taken when I was camping 50KM north of Bendigo before the covid hit. I was still running the bike in but managed a night out solo camping which was fab. story here:

I'd be keen to do that again soon if I could, post covid, or camp with friends, or head east for twisty black top (probably too late now until next summer), or go catchup with other friends who don't ride. So much to do, so much bike, and so much bloody covid.