Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Thailand delivery confirmed......

Heedcase

Encouragement for everyone still waiting anywhere......my local dealer just called to confirm that a test bike will be in his shop on 30 April and my own bike will be ready for delivery on 07 May......

All in all only about a month later than expected when I placed my deposit.

Only blue bikes available in this first shipment (others to follow in July) but I don't mind, great news!

that's good news!

btw, how much does it cost (include taxes, or other costs) in Thailand?

i heard it's THB 439,000.(without taxes, i guess)

cheers from Japan

Thanks troxxos.

You're right, the dealer price is THB 439,000 which includes taxes, only your annual insurance and road duties on top of that.

While that is about 20% more than the UK price for example, it is not such a bad price by Thailand standards. Taxes on imported vehicles can be very high: e.g. a BMW 1250GS is about 2x the price it is in the UK, a Husqvarna 701 is about 1.8x the UK price.

An exception is smaller Honda bikes which I believe are made locally, e.g. a CRF250L is about 70% of the UK price.

A price to pay for the place you stay!

Is that because Yamaha (i think) makes some products in Thailand. Trade agreements?

where as bmw and husq prob dont?