Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Motorcycle Gear Adventure/Touring

Lupan

Hello, i'm wondering to buy new gear to ride the TÉNÉRÉ...

Helmet, jackets, pants, gloves, Goretex vs not Goretex, online shops, brands, cheap but good, expensive but better than good etc...

For those who want to show and advice abaut gear ...

Thanks to all 🤗

1 hour ago, Lupan said:

Helmet, jackets, pants, gloves, Goretex vs not Goretex, online shops, brands, cheap but good, expensive but better than good etc...

For those who want to show and advice about gear ...

Thanks to all 🤗

Im not sure about vendors in your corner of the world, but here in the USA the most popular vendors are Revzilla and Cycle Gear .

They are the two largest Motorcycle gear vendors in the USA and stock alot of inventory and have outstanding return policies and have excellent customer service. They are actually both owned by the same company. I beleive that they both ship overseas pretty frequently as well. 

• Like 1

For adventure riding, many of us believe KLIM to be the very best. I own many of their products, they cost more but the freaking last. They take a beating and their waterproof gear is actually waterproof. Many other companies promise that their gear is waterproof, but then you get in a downpour and water soaks thru. 

My favorite ADV jacket is the Klim Badlands pro. I have been thru all day downpours far from home and stayed dry and warm. I have taken it snowmobiling at high altitudes. I have opened all the vents in the desert and stayed ventilated.  It is also very abrasion resistant with outstanding protection and it's full of pockets inside and out. 

klim_badlands_pro_jacket_black.jpg

Revitalized and ready for adventure touring, the Klim Badlands Pro Jacket can go anywhere you take it.

Another great Klim Jacket is their Adventure Rally Jacket. My buddy just got one and I think this will be my next ADV jacket and I might give my Badlands to my son. 

klim_adventure_rally_jacket_grey.jpg

Creme de la Klim, the Superfabric, Gore-Tex and D3O Xergo-equipped Adventure Rally Jacket is possibly the most hardcore ADV equipment money can buy.

Their pants are very good too.  Where I live, ADV riders, dirt bikers and Snowmobilers all swear by Klim. It protects you, keeps you dry and lasts freaking forever. 

• Like 1

Thanks for rhe share friend, here in Portugal we have also Klim, and probably it´s the most expensive motorcycle gear, and probably the best also, and with the best look 😀

But for me and my ride it´s a lot of money... I belive it worth it, but for my needs i prefer something less expensive.

But my thanks for your advice and time spended.

I was thinking in some brands, like BÜSE, MACNA, CLOVER... To get info abaut them

Have a look at the Dririder RallyCross Pro 3 Jacket - 

That one will be on my shopping list. Great value for only around $400 AU.

I'm not sure if they are available in Portugal though, but you should be able to get it delivered ?  

Klim Adventure Rally's are about $2700 over here so I definitely won't be getting one of them 😆

Edited by Whitey66

It have a Nice look, thanks for the share.

Look at this one for 270 € 😀

It´s a Swiss Brand, have many colors, but this one matches my Bike eheheh

imagem.thumb.png.dd92aff38771a9ede5f651c08a5f591d.png

• Like 1

@Cruizin I looked at Klim too. But over here in Europe, the prices are more expensive in € than they cost in $ in the US... so it's really a lot of money.

After I told my wife about the project, I've now recognized I don't need Klim gear. 😆

When the discussion is forgotten, I'll get myself a badlands pro 🤣

On 4/29/2020 at 12:17 AM, Lupan said:

For those who want to show and advice abaut gear ...

Thanks to all 🤗

Maybe have a closer look at Modeka. They offer a good price quality ratio. Is´s a Germany based company which has a Portuguese importer and they are shipping directly to Portugal too.

Edited by bikeever
  • Thanks 1

Take a look at Adventure-Spec gear from the UK. Well made and less costly than Klim.

I have the Mongolia Trail Jacket which is very comfortable in the hot and humid weather here in Thailand:

mongolia-trail-jacket-06-front.jpg

The ADV Spec Mongolia Trail Jacket. Born in the heat of the Dakar Rally this mesh jacket is designed for extreme adventure riding with a focus on lightweight freedom of movement. 1000D Ballistic Nylon fabric in key abrasion zones Chest Pocket(s) Mesh body fabric for maximum...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I was in Thailand I rode around in shorts and a Tank top, because anything else was just too damn hot. I knew the risks if I were to have an accident , but I didn't care, lol. Of course, I was on a little scooter. I used to go to Thailand when I was in the US Army, just outside Lop Buri. Beautiful country, I love the land of Smiles!