Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha Bash Plate

Stephen H

When I purchased my bike I didn’t like the bash plate it came with so I ordered the Yamaha one out of the extras catalogue and I even went to see it before they fitted it. I failed to look at the inside of the plate but the other day I was bored so thought I would drop it off  the bike and clean inside. I was surprised to see the quality of the welding. One side is different to the other as you can see in the picture. Has anyone else had the plate off and if so what was the welding like on yours. 
Cheers Steve 

5A2F8BCE-F38C-4A4C-94F1-1620C3D38201.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stephen H said:

When I purchased my bike I didn’t like the bash plate it came with so I ordered the Yamaha one out of the extras catalogue and I even went to see it before they fitted it. I failed to look at the inside of the plate but the other day I was bored so thought I would drop it off  the bike and clean inside. I was surprised to see the quality of the welding. One side is different to the other as you can see in the picture. Has anyone else had the plate off and if so what was the welding like on yours. 
Cheers Steve 

5A2F8BCE-F38C-4A4C-94F1-1620C3D38201.jpeg

Take it back... They tacked one side in and forgot to weld the hole thing... Or get it welded by someone if you don't want to get involved with the dealer. 

When welding you tack stuff first and then weld together... That's what it looks like to me 😞

I think it is ok so far. On the on side there is a small standoff welded on and on the other side only a washer. 

4A28AF69-E44A-4C52-ABCE-3D7580924355.jpeg.adb6dcf8a40680868b0e9c9e49b7359a.jpeg

55D35933-C496-427D-B154-93F4E61ACF97.jpeg.16816a0940f6ffbb430724261a404f4d.jpeg

Bike ever my picture is of the inside of the plate and I think yours is from the outside. 
Cheers  Steve 

2 minutes ago, Stephen H said:

Bike ever my picture is of the inside of the plate and I think yours is from the outside. 
Cheers  Steve 

Exactly. But if you look at the holes from outside, you will see the difference. Detach the rubber pieces first...