Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How many actual takers? A Tough choice.

Tazmool

• Premium Member

Hello there Fellow Canucks!

Following my other post in the general forum regarding the pre-orders, and Canadian shipments being on the way.

I have to admit, I find myself wrestling with the decision whether or not to follow through with my pre-order. 
I have not heard anything yet from yamaha or the dealer I pre-ordered through, so I have some time to mull it over. 

I do have a bike I wanted to sell before getting my T7, two bikes really that I would like to sell.  
With the current climate, I don't think either of those bikes will sell (only one is posted right now, the other needs some work) 
Having spoken with the dealer regarding trading in the bikes, they did not seem to be too interested in taking in more stock, and I really don't think they will take a trade-in now.

Who knows if there is a nasty recession coming to Canada or not. 

So, take the gamble and take the bike when it comes up?   
Possibly have 3 bikes in the garage (the other two bikes should sell spring of 2021, thats my guess) 

Or, take the smaller hit & give up the T7 for now.  
Get one next year when things are looking better? 
I do have a pile of parts already waiting to be installed on the T7 as well!

How are the rest of you guys/gals mulling over your pre-orders? 

Or am I alone in having a hard time with this? 

Tazmool

Seems like you can afford three bikes till spring and have committed for the t7 since you have bought parts for it. 

You are almost there with the wait... Everything is downhill from here. 

I can only advice to get it because if you don't you will regret. Always the case with us bikers 🧐😅

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I will admit that I'm leaning to going through with it, as I think it will be a fantastic bike. 
I'm just not crazy with having 3 bikes in the garage, where I would really just prefer to have one (the T7) and focus on other things.  

The best laid plans of mice and men!

Tazmool

• Like 1

Of course you will go through with it if you can afford having the other two bikes sitting there. And you can fix them up and get a better price for them 😉

. There will be an enormous back log of bikes since the factories have been shut down. I was lucky that a dealer had one left, else all the dealers within 6 hours drive where dry on the T7.

I'm living just south of Oslo, Norway.

The demand has been great here, also for parts. Everything is on back log due to factory closedowns.

Cheers Thomas

• Like 1

Like Nike says: JUST DO IT!

My black T7 is finally on its way to me and there is no way I am not getting it.

Like you, I have 2 bikes in the garage now as well. I am going to blow out the KLR for alot cheaper than I would get if no Covid existed but hey its only money. Going to keep my collector plated bike.

I have a big stockpile of parts to put on the T7 as well. 🙂

• Like 1

Ditto here.

I had planned on selling two bikes to make room.

It remains to be seen if Yamadog is going to build me a T7.  Now I am in a holding pattern and can't decide if I should cull the heard or keep them for another season.

Taz

Money is only dirty pieces of paper unless you spend it on something you enjoy.

Will things get worse, will they get better?

Damned if I know.

Buy it!

Definitely will go forward with purchase when they get to the states. I've got some interest in my temp bike that I bought last year to hold me over. I'm not in any real hurry to sell it, other than to make room in the garage.

I also haven't purchased any accessories yet waiting to actually get the bike first. Have been putting together a wish list of sorts.

2 hours ago, Idarex said:

It remains to be seen if Yamadog is going to build me a T7.  Now I am in a holding pattern and can't decide if I should cull the heard or keep them for another season.

Some news (rumors) from today about little blue birds saying they're on the way. Numbers and timing still TDB.

Same situation in regards to selling a bike (only 1 though) and getting the T7. I will get it and not look back, imagine that feeling if you cancel, and 2-4 months down you start to see T7s on the road/web and how happy owners are, only to find out then you now have to pay extra for the bike ($12.4k vs $12, also dealers have raised their PDI costs now), plus loosing your deposit, and having to wait perhaps another year before getting one. People in Europe are still waiting for theirs to arrive or dealer stock

• Premium Member

Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, 
I will keep my pre-order and get the T7 when its finally here 👍

It may take longer to reach the financial numbers I was hoping for (selling both current bikes for the T7) but it will be worth it in the end.
Looking forward to the T7 Arrival!

(PS, still no word from my pre-order dealer, no comfirmation etc, I may very well be in the 2nd batch, especially if the rumors that there are no black T7's in the 1st batch are true (I ordered the black) , time will tell) 

Tazmool

• Like 1

Just got this from Yamaha Canada: 

They are enroute according to this and it seems that those that pre-ordered early may be getting theirs in May!

On another note, I spoke to a dealer who told be the the pre-order price is Yamahas cost and that this bike will not go any less than this pre-order price, small comfort with the way things are but at least its not going down in price. I suspect they may just limit their production runs for Canada or eventually just stop supplying to Canada since europe has always been the market. we shall see. I ordered the black as well.

anyway, im in the same boat, i have 2 other bikes i need to get sell and its going to be a juggling act to keep all 3.

Edited by Lyfe BehindBars
adding more

btw - where are these rumours coming from that there are no black T7's in the first batch? The video clearly shows a black T7 for the Canadian market

My dealer has contacted me and I ordered a black one so there is at least one on the shipment. Maybe mine is the one on the video 🙂

Wrong dealer but mine will be in my garage very soon.

• Like 1