Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Recommended dealers in Florida for Tenere 700 deposit

boardsnbikes

Looking for Yamaha dealers in South or Central Florida with knowledge of the Tenere 700 and worth giving my business. I am in South Florida (Miami) and the local dealers are less than inspiring. At one dealership, a salesperson has "corrected" me and insists I mean the Super Tenere.

I'm willing, of course, to travel. Thanks.

boardsnbikes

2005 FJR1300, 2003 Suzuki SV650S, (1977 Yamaha RD400), (1992 Honda VFR750F)

Keep calling local dealers in an ever expanding radius. Always ask for the sales manager. Don't talk with the sales "guy" unless they actually show interest. 

Same happened with me. 2 of 5 dealerships actually had the conversation and showed enough interest to talk to me about the T7. Most wanted to only sell what's on the floor right now.

In both cases, I knew more information than them. And a lot that was on Yamaha's website already.

Good luck!

USA dealers suck, not all but most. Totally different buying experience than what other country's enjoy. If I had it my way, I'd be able to order my motorcycles online same way that I ordered my lawn mower. Hell, I order my computer parts online and build em myself. I could easily accept a crate and open it up and install the front wheel , seat and Handlebar and add the fluids myself, no damn dealer needed. 

But no, we gotta go thru some jackass dealer and his markup games and cheesedick salesmen to buy a motorcycle.

Someday, this will change.

OP, keep in mind that you can buy a bike from an out of state dealer and have him ship it to you, often under $500 for shipping. 

Thank you for the replies. My search has already excluded the local Miami dealers on principle.

20 hours ago, Cruizin said:

OP, keep in mind that you can buy a bike from an out of state dealer and have him ship it to you, often under $500 for shipping. 

Is there a known USA dealer offering a good deal for the T7?

boardsnbikes

2005 FJR1300, 2003 Suzuki SV650S, (1977 Yamaha RD400), (1992 Honda VFR750F)

• 6 months later...

Cahill's Yamaha in Zephyrhills has one coming in January. I just picked mine up from Charlie and no one had a deposit on it, his first to be delivered. I just walked in and the mechanic was putting the final touches on the assembly. Crazy good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

west orlando powersports has a blue one in stock I looked at it yesterday, I did not like the sales guy at all tho, didnt know anything about the bike and WAY to pushy to buy the bike after I told him 6 plus times I was just looking at it, the service tech has the black one and was great to talk to about the bike, however, I always like dealing with central florida powersports, and deal with Chuck and Jason Ennis is the GM and is awesome, they might be able to get you one

Edited by Pigpen111

Hey everyone, 

2 weekends ago I was able to get mine through Broward Motorsports of Treasure Coast.

The manager said they are slowly coming in but are being sold out immediately. The one I purchased had been on the floor for only a few hours. I live in Miami and apparently the time that it took me to arrive, someone had already looked at it and decided to purchase a Triumph instead. By the time I purchased it. There had been more than a handful of calls for its availability.   

The best advice I can give at this time, which allowed me to get one and probably not what you want to hear is:  

A lot of patience and check Cycle Trader every chance you get. Morning / Evening etc. until one shows up. 

My other alternative (which was available at the time; not sure now) was up in Jacksonville FL, I figured I could make a little getaway adventure out of the purchase and ride it back home. 

My experience with Powersports was a first and quite nice, enjoyable, very amiable personnel and not pushy. It "felt" right.  It being a new bike, no one really seemed to know much about it in general. Mine came stock, any add-ons or additional parts had to be ordered in with an approx. 2-4 week waiting time as they had no parts for it in stock... but the bike got a lot of praise.

Edited by una.brisa
_
una.brisa | 

Filling hearts with smiles, of love, of enthusiasm and tears of joy, and (from time to time) changing the world  

• 3 months later...

Give ARS Powersports in Okeechobee a call and ask for Tom Bond. I ordered a black one in September which still has not arrived but supposedly is shipping about the end of this month. I lucked out when a like-new used one turned up from a private seller so I jumped on it. Tom has been very nice to deal with and very communicative. Even though this deal didn't go through I'd deal with them again. Tell him Doug sent you.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tenererian said:

Give ARS Powersports in Okeechobee a call and ask for Tom Bond. I ordered a black one in September which still has not arrived but supposedly is shipping about the end of this month. I lucked out when a like-new used one turned up from a private seller so I jumped on it. Tom has been very nice to deal with and very communicative. Even though this deal didn't go through I'd deal with them again. Tell him Doug sent you.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm at a dilemma: costs in my primary hobby (competitive pistol shooting) have gone way up, and I demo'd the Tenere at Daytona and I want one. Decisions. 🤔

• 2 months later...

I went with my local dealer in Southwest FL, Power Lodge (formerly in Naples, now in Bonita Springs). Deposit down and patience mode engaged 🙂 After a 2-3 months, I should be getting the bike very soon. 

• Like 1