Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Picking up Yamaha Ténéré 700: 4 methods, ±53 lifts, some tips

FAR&FURTHER

• Premium Member
I've been practicing over the weekend picking up T7... 53 times and what came out is a short video...
This is heated topic, but lets see... I tried to find a good lift which would work for my height and bike weight & height.
How do you lift T7?

---

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

RTW Ténéré 700, UK to India & back on Honda CB500X

farandfurther.org | YouTube | Instagram

• Premium Member

Thanks for the vid!
A good watch, and I appreciate the multiple techniques shown. 

Picking up the bike after a fall, is one of the primary reasons I want a Tenere 700. 

My previous adv bike was a VFR1200X-DA, which is a good bike, but its FAR too heavy for an ADV bikes (637lbs wet) and with a very, very high center of gravity.  Its sort of like a super fat and tall Africa Twin.  I dropped that bike twice, and pulled muscles both times I had to pick it up solo (add to that 637lbs, a luggage rack, saddle bags, and other accessories I'm sure it was over 650lbs)  I could not imagine picking it up solo on gravel, or dirt, on any rough terrain.... it was just a big nope, and I sold the bike. 

The T7 still looks very heavy in your vid, will have to practice once I get mine!

Tazmool

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/3/2020 at 4:36 PM, Tazmool said:

Thanks for the vid!
A good watch, and I appreciate the multiple techniques shown. 

Picking up the bike after a fall, is one of the primary reasons I want a Tenere 700. 

My previous adv bike was a VFR1200X-DA, which is a good bike, but its FAR too heavy for an ADV bikes (637lbs wet) and with a very, very high center of gravity.  Its sort of like a super fat and tall Africa Twin.  I dropped that bike twice, and pulled muscles both times I had to pick it up solo (add to that 637lbs, a luggage rack, saddle bags, and other accessories I'm sure it was over 650lbs)  I could not imagine picking it up solo on gravel, or dirt, on any rough terrain.... it was just a big nope, and I sold the bike. 

The T7 still looks very heavy in your vid, will have to practice once I get mine!

Tazmool

Hi Tazmool, 637lb is loads of weight! Hats down to pick it up. I think its more of a tourer than bike for some dirt roads or easy trail, it would be too risky to just get stuck with such a weight as you say. T7 is not a dirt bike but I think it's manageable, pushes me to work out at least - good thing 😉

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Great video @FAR&FURTHER !

I learned more than I thought would!

Thanks! Great to hear that, I really hoped to make something a bit different than this is how to pickup a bike which is already 1/2 way up.

• Like 2