Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

For those in the USA, I'll just leave this here

Cruizin

I just spoke to my dealer in Oregon and he said that he is still waiting to be contacted by Yamaha to take orders for customers with a deposit.   He believes they are about a month behind the original schedule which was order placement in May for June deliveries. 

4 hours ago, Dave G said:

I just spoke to my dealer in Oregon and he said that he is still waiting to be contacted by Yamaha to take orders for customers with a deposit.   He believes they are about a month behind the original schedule which was order placement in May for June deliveries. 

That's strange, because I out down a deposit at my dealer in Washington in March for when they come in. My dealer called me out of the blue about 3 weeks ago and said Yamaha had contacted them to get a count of how many bikes they have pre-ordered so he called to make sure Im still committed and I said yes. He then said end of May early June it would be in. 

Crazy how there's such different, contradicting information out there. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

That's strange, because I out down a deposit at my dealer in Washington in March for when they come in. My dealer called me out of the blue about 3 weeks ago and said Yamaha had contacted them to get a count of how many bikes they have pre-ordered so he called to make sure Im still committed and I said yes. He then said end of May early June it would be in. 

Crazy how there's such different, contradicting information out there. 

I suspect that dealers had an opportunity to order some of the first batch of bikes, called it an official "preorder" to secure some buyers to ensure that those bikes don't just sit on the showroom.  I doubt if any of our names have been sent to Yamaha corporate.

Just a hunch. 

Just checked Yamahas website. Indicates a June delivery now, not early summer anymore.

Renewed hope for some us.

• Like 2

Yep, it sure does say June now.  Hopefully my dealer was wrong.