Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Texas

Shift_T700

I got some encouraging news today.  My bike went from early July to an actual ship date of July 16th

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the call today, mine shipped out of California today. Hopefully I will have it some time next week.

3 hours ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

I just got the call today, mine shipped out of California today. Hopefully I will have it some time next week.

Heads up on how it went down for me. I was scheduled second half of June and heard crickets until the last day of the month, 6/30. Warehouse confirmed on that day they were preparing to ship and the next day my dealer received the VIN indicating it was in transit. Picked my bike up on the 7/6. That was six days  with the Fourth of July in the mix plus I’m a little further east than you. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that it is early next week. Let’s say Monday.  Man are you going to be happy when it does come in.  

6 hours ago, TennesseeTenere said:

Heads up on how it went down for me. I was scheduled second half of June and heard crickets until the last day of the month, 6/30. Warehouse confirmed on that day they were preparing to ship and the next day my dealer received the VIN indicating it was in transit. Picked my bike up on the 7/6. That was six days  with the Fourth of July in the mix plus I’m a little further east than you. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you that it is early next week. Let’s say Monday.  Man are you going to be happy when it does come in.  

Thanks for the info, I'll surprised if I have it by Wednesday.

Just got a call from the dealer...

IT`S SHIPPED!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Dealer called this morning..

It shipped today out of California!!

6 hours ago, jetdr21 said:

Right on! You are going to love it. Mine left last Wednesday and they got it on Tuesday.  Based on that they should get it arounnd next Wednesday.👍

1 minute ago, jetdr21 said:

Picking up on Friday...

Sweet, Congrats. My son and I are riding up to Red river New Mexico to go trail riding and fly fishing. Can't wait to put the T7 to the test.

Have fun and let me know how it does..  BTW I'm leaving on the 15th for Lake City Co.  This is a little bike trip. KTM 500.  Be safe..

On 7/29/2020 at 12:43 AM, jetdr21 said:

Have fun and let me know how it does..  BTW I'm leaving on the 15th for Lake City Co.  This is a little bike trip. KTM 500.  Be safe..

The T7 performed flawlessly. It was great on the highway at 75-85. it was great in the hills and it did great on the trail.  We climbed up to Greenie Peak at a little over 11,000 ft.  There were rocky sections, mud holes and off camber sections,  The bike was completely stock accept for the ACD skid plate, which I heard ding on more than one occasion. I ran along side an XR650L.  The power delivery is so smooth it makes climbing easy.

• Like 5

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Cirus said:

It's quite as a morgue in here. Picked up a black 22 about 2 weeks ago. Northeast up on the Red River.

I picked mine up about the same time and have been thinking the same thing. I’m in DFW, Mansfield specifically. Any T7 owners close? 

18 minutes ago, BigTex said:

I picked mine up about the same time and have been thinking the same thing. I’m in DFW, Mansfield specifically. Any T7 owners close? 

As dead as it is here we probably won't have any luck. I'm in Paris between Sherman and Texarkana to be exact.

I've had a T7 for almost 2 years. Live on east side of DFW near Lake Ray, shorter rides are to the east/northeast. Decent number of gravel roads out that way. The DFW Adventure Riders on FB post rides up regularly, mostly to the west. Good group to ride with. Otherwise...go to CO!

9 hours ago, sracer said:

I've had a T7 for almost 2 years. Live on east side of DFW near Lake Ray, shorter rides are to the east/northeast. Decent number of gravel roads out that way. The DFW Adventure Riders on FB post rides up regularly, mostly to the west. Good group to ride with. Otherwise...go to CO!

We go to Colorado almost every year. Usually the Gunnison,  Crested Butte, Taylor Park area. I've yet to bring a bike with me though. I just sold a 21 CRF300L before I got the T7. Not a bad bike but I'm about 50/50 slab and gravel and it was to under powered for the highway and the suspension was awful even after respringing it. The T7 is very stable at speed on gravel.

Edited by Cirus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cirus said:

We go to Colorado almost every year. Usually the Gunnison,  Crested Butte, Taylor Park area. I've yet to bring a bike with me though. I just sold a 21 CRF300L before I got the T7. Not a bad bike but I'm about 50/50 slab and gravel and it was to under powered for the highway and the suspension was awful even after respringing it. The T7 is very stable at speed on gravel.

Been to Taylor Park 2x in the past 2 years. Rode the Timberline trail on my TE300i - great and challenging riding. Also rode from TP to Tin Cup and back, over Tin Cup pass on the 300.   T7 ride was from Ouray to Sargents through TP. I took a shot at Tin Cup pass on the T7 - went a mile or two up from TC and decided I was alone, there was going to be at least the potential for some falls and didn't have enough time to get over the pass and to where I needed to be.   You need to bring a bike! First shot is from Timberline (I think) Second shot is Mirror lake on the way to Tin Cup pass. 

IMG_4154.JPG

7D0449C4-FB0E-4D7F-A144-993D41195FB1.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cirus said:

Gunnison,  Crested Butte, Taylor Park area

Cirus,

That was a place I road many times in the early 90's. Camped along Cement creek. Took the pass over to Aspen, part of the trail was in a creek! Crossed a river up at Taylor Reservoir and found a logging road on the other side of the lake that took us out to somewhere. One day we found a trail called Block and Tackle and road it in the rain... dumb! Another day when riding above the tree line we got caught in a sudden snow storm and spent a couple of hours in the mouth of an old mine, getting out of the whipping wind. 

Here is a picture of when we were kings!

Tom (on the left, died last year), Rodney (center, lost track of him), me (on the right). My hair is gray now.

Youth is fleeting...

Thanks for stirring up those old memories!

When we were kings-02.jpg

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Yeah I've been wanting to take a bike for some time now.  The first time I went to Taylor Park was 2010 with some buddies and we were on sxs's.  I've been over Tin Cup Pass, Taylor Pass and Hancock Pass . I've been back to the area 5 or 6 times with the family. In 2015 we camped almost to the end of the road way past Taylor Res. It was beyond the trailhead to Aspen and the altitude was around 10,500 where we camped and you could almost jump across the Taylor River it was so narrow. I've had several KTM xc's 2 strokes but never got around to bringing a bike. I've spent  new years and Christmas and 4th of July in Almont. It's my favorite place on this earth.

6 hours ago, Hibobb said:

Cirus,

That was a place I road many times in the early 90's. Camped along Cement creek. Took the pass over to Aspen, part of the trail was in a creek! Crossed a river up at Taylor Reservoir and found a logging road on the other side of the lake that took us out to somewhere. One day we found a trail called Block and Tackle and road it in the rain... dumb! Another day when riding above the tree line we got caught in a sudden snow storm and spent a couple of hours in the mouth of an old mine, getting out of the whipping wind. 

Here is a picture of when we were kings!

Tom (on the left, died last year), Rodney (center, lost track of him), me (on the right). My hair is gray now.

Youth is fleeting...

Thanks for stirring up those old memories!

When we were kings-02.jpg

Your right, youth is fleeting. I'm almost 54 and most days I don't really feel it but there are those days when I do.