Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New from US of A

roy826

Been a lurker here for a few months. I have a Black T7 on order and I am patiently awaiting it's arrival here in the US. Currently ride a Candy apple red 2017 Honda Africa Twin DCT which I really like. I only ordered the T7 due to its weight (lack of) and physical size verses my current bike. My AT has ohlins front and rear and is set up quite nicely but the bike is a little to big and heavy for me off-road which I do not do extreme off-road on these size bikes. I grew up on dirt bikes so I know where and when to use a dirt bike instead of a 500 + lb bike. 

My ADV background is extensive I ordered one of the first Super Tenere 1200s back in 2010 here and received it July 2011. Owned it for 4 years not one issue. I have owned a V-strom 1000 back in 2002 when they first came out and a V-strom 650 in 2006. Both very good reliable bikes. I also owned a Triumph Tiger 800 just prior to buying the Africa Twin in 2018.

I have always liked Yamaha quality and value and hope to enjoy the new T7.

My AT pictured..

1741DED1-E1B7-46A2-941A-00DFB4F2116D.jpeg

Edited by roy826
Added pic
  • Like 5

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum. Great looking Africa Twin. You will have to post your thoughts and compare the two when the T7 arrives. Cheers. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

49 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

Welcome to the forum. Great looking Africa Twin. You will have to post your thoughts and compare the two when the T7 arrives. Cheers. 

I will do my best. Thanks

54 minutes ago, gone2seed said:

Will you keep it , and if not will you miss the auto trans.?

I plan to keep it. I have a lot of money tied up in it and it is setup very nice for me with the Ohlins suspension. I do like the DCT a bunch. More than I ever thought I would back when I first bought it. I've had some very long and interesting rides on it. Typical Honda with it, not one issue other than the water pump weep they all seem to have. A drop every so often out of the weep hole. 16,700 miles later it still running very good.

The DCT works very good and I took to it very easily. Never in my long motorcycling life would I have envisioned me owning a automatic motorcycle lol

• Like 1