Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Swing arm hole

Colddog

I haven't got my bike yet, but was looking at some pictures of the swing arm hole, and wanted to ask some of my Euro, Aus brothers for some insight.

Could that hole be used as the base to fab up a pivoting single leg stand to be used to jack the back wheel off the ground? 

Rather than a center stand, this would be pretty stable and simple to use for chain servicing, flat repair etc.

Is the hole for suspension linkage servicing, or what exactly?

Don't really know what you are thinking of. The RHS has the shaft and nut protruding, but tube with  the maximum amount of 5mm wall thickness 20mm long can be inserted. Lots more room on the LHS.

Are you talking about the hole in the swing arm that is filled with a removable rubber grommet?

I pulled that off the first time I looked at my bike.

I was thinking it might be a good hidey hole for something, but it would have to be large enough not to fall down into the tubes and light enough not to add too much to the un-sprung weight. Spare tube maybe? 

Can it be used for a stand point ??, can't see why not.

Edit: it's a lot thicker than I remembered so should be good for a stand point.

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Whitey66 said:

Are you talking about the hole in the swing arm that is filled with a removable rubber grommet?

I pulled that off the first time I looked at my bike.

I was thinking it might be a good hidey hole for something, but it would have to be large enough not to fall down into the tubes and light enough not to add too much to the un-sprung weight. Spare tube maybe? 

Can it be used for a stand point ??, can't see why not.

Edit: it's a lot thicker than I remembered so should be good for a stand point.

Thats the hole i was referring to!

Thank you for the info Whitey66, looking forward to getting my hands on it!

Edited by Colddog

18 hours ago, Cruizin said:

That hole is where I install the Flux Capacitor

The mighty T7 alternator only makes just over 400 Watts so you'll need a lightning strike or some Plutonium to generate the 1.21 Gigawatts required 👍

• Haha 1