Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

engine cleaning

bth2

hi,

what's the best way to clean the road grime from the front of engine. i normaly give it a going over with an engine degreaser but never seems to have much effect.

DSC_0617.JPG

DSC_0618.JPG

I use Muc-Off on my dirtbikes. It's biodegradable so there are no harsh chemicals, wont hurt carbon firber or plastics. Does a good job on my filthy dirtbikes. 

muc_off_nano_tech_motorcycle_cleaner.jpg

Clean your bike on a molecular level with Muc Off Nano Tech Cleaner.

• Like 1

I don't look behind the headers 🤣🤣🤣

That's the easiest way out of this.. Lol... Good suggestions, I might try them when my ocd kicks in 😋💯

• Haha 1

am not too sure about the elbow grease advice 🙂 but ill give it a try . might even splash out on muckoff in the future but then again if i dont look at it ,it doesnt exist.

• Like 2

Definitely gonna get me some of this product for my T7 .

Thanks for the heads-up 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moto3 said:

Definitely gonna get me some of this product for my T7 .

Thanks for the heads-up 👍

Test it first. MotoAdventure reported it damaged the surface of his OEM Yamaha hard Luggage cases.

Since the discussion is about washing motorcycles, I have a question.  Is my 2300 psi washer too strong for washing off the bike?

4 minutes ago, Yammybound88 said:

Since the discussion is about washing motorcycles, I have a question.  Is my 2300 psi washer too strong for washing off the bike?

I've read many many times not to use high pressure water cleaning bikes. Basically the force of the water is making it into places it can't easily escape / dry out. Would be good for a car surface. I would not.

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1

I always use green clean and a scrub brush. Also clean it after every dirty ride. Then a wd/40 wipe down goes a long way. Be careful with some degreasers like purple power if you get that stuff on any anodized aluminum it will wreck the finish.  

• Like 1