Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What specification are you most hopeful for?

TavisB

Im kinda wishing Yamaha would do away with the traditional e-starter and go the route of kickstart... would decrease weight, use smaller battery, unlock a little more power outta the engine, less chance of starter failure and increased reliability...

• Like 1

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

6 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Im kinda wishing Yamaha would do away with the traditional e-starter and go the route of kickstart... would decrease weight, use smaller battery, unlock a little more power outta the engine, less chance of starter failure and increased reliability...

Not if it kicks like the WR 450 though, that thing will give you a permanent limp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Not if it kicks like the WR 450 though, that thing will give you a permanent limp. 

nah... Im talking like the kickstart found in the modern 2013 YZ450F dirt bikes, I know that bike will fire up within good 4 kicks in the dead of Michigan winter... thanks to modern day FI systems vs carb n kickstart 

• Like 1

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Keith said:

So what do you guy's think - tubed or tubeless rims? Also what electronics - in the photo in this thread there seems to be an ABS ring on the rear hub? Also based on the luggage rack there cannot be a rear subframe.

It will most definitely have ABS, due to European standards. ? 

Fabros 

I would also love under 400lbs wet weight, seat height no more than 34" (I'm a shorty), and yes under 10K US.  

Do you think there is any validity to this comment on weight and height, Heavier than what Nick mentions. 

1616287348_ScreenShot2018-10-29at10_56_45AM.png.9906d8ba2176df1ab7dcf7a5305fa4ee.png

39 minutes ago, XTJD said:

I would also love under 400lbs wet weight, seat height no more than 34" (I'm a shorty), and yes under 10K US.  

Do you think there is any validity to this comment on weight and height, Heavier than what Nick mentions. 

1616287348_ScreenShot2018-10-29at10_56_45AM.png.9906d8ba2176df1ab7dcf7a5305fa4ee.png

Where did that conversation take place? Who gave the reply? Yamaha? Someone else? 

yea 454 lbs is up near full sized fat pig "ADV" bikes like the Africa Twin. Would be ridiculous for a 700 cc "extremely off road capable" ADV bike to be that heavy and expect anyone to buy it. 

Low enough gearing for off road and tall enough 6th to cruise the interstate all day at 80 would be a good start. Tubeless rims, decent suspension and for once a fuel map that feels right. My current ride is an FJ09 and even remapped isn’t close to as good as my Suzuki SV650 was stock. 

• Thanks 1

If you compare the old XTZ750, XT660 Tenere, XT660R, MT07, Tracer 700, WR450 you end up with a dry weight of 190kg  and wheel base 1505 same as 660T.

I understand they have to make it for the mass consumer, so I am hoping for a large after-market accessory catalogue.

I have had an XTZ750 and '05 R1200GS and height of Center of Gravity is key.  Both those bikes rode way better with only 10l fuel in them...

• 4 years later...

Tubeless wheels, or at least an option upon purchase. I suffer with FTPA (Front tyre puncture anxiety) when touring and a tubeless front would defo ease my worries. Keeps me in check though. 

Not too fussed about anything else to be honest.  It's perfect as is without any added electronical crap. 

Changing a tube is a piece of piss. Last thing I want is a tubeless rim.