Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

How to DIY change Tenere 700 front sprocket

Cruizin

The Tenere 700 comes with a front sprocket with 15 teeth, and 46 in the rear sprocket. Great for road only riding, but sounds like not enough engine braking on offroad steep downhill sections where having some engine grunt to slow things down can really help. 

Our own @Camel ADV has a great video instruction on how to change the front sprocket, step by step. His expert videos are gonna save many of our asses over the years. 

• Like 6

• Supporting Vendor

"Expert videos", hardly! Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

11 hours ago, Cruizin said:

The Tenere 700 comes with a front sprocket with 15 teeth, and 46 in the rear sprocket. Great for road only riding, but sounds like not enough engine braking on offroad steep downhill sections where having some engine grunt to slow things down can really help. 

Our own @Camel ADV has a great video instruction on how to change the front sprocket, step by step. His expert videos are gonna save many of our asses over the years. 

Great video... Watched the whole thing as my attempt at doing mine failed miserably because of tooling. 

I now have a posh 48.0mm diameter tube that slides on the ratchet... If this doesn't work then I'll end up buying g an impact gun...😉😂

For people who don't have an impact gun like me... Get yourself a long tube... If you have gorilla sized arms and legs... Like me... 🦍😅

Then you can sit on your bike use the back brake and the front and with one hand using the tube on top of the ratchet undo the front nut. 

Aleks 😅

IMG_20200521_133141.jpg

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 2