Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Michael here from Germany

Michael

Hello gentlemen (and women)!

My name is Michael, 31 years old and I live on the countryside south of Munich in the state of Bavaria in Germany. 

First I was a banker, in the military a bit, driving instructor and since 2012 a full time tour guide.

After a long wait and pandemic lockdown I just ordered my Tenere 700. Unfortunately I need to wait until July even though the Tenere is available since last summer and there are still motorcycles waiting for buyers at multiple dealers. 

The reason is that I ordered it through my company. I work as a motorcycle tour guide for Edelweiss Bike Travel. Some of you might have heard of the company from Austria. So I travel and ride a lot. Roughly 25.000 km in a year (less than 5% highways, so really a lot of good stuff;).  We always have company tour guide bikes but I fancied the Tenere since the beginning. 

I ride since I was 13 years old, street legal since I'm 15. My first bike to shift was a Kawasaki KMX 125 and my first big bike was a Yamaha XT 660X in white/red. I had a XT 660Z too but too me the Tenere 700 is the better version of my beloved Honda Africa Twin RD07 that I rebuilt completely. My last bike was a Yamaha MT09 SP and that was bike No. 26 that I owned. Yes, I do like to buy a bike, ride it, try it and resell it to get something new. 

I really hope and think that the Tenere will stay a long time like my Africa Twin for some awesome rides and travels. Like another trip from Germany through the Balkans to Istanbul, Turkey and back we did in 2015. The Tenere seems perfect for it. 

If you have any questions just ask! 

Ride safe!

Insta (4).jpg

Insta (26).jpg

Insta (75).jpg

• Like 4

Open your mind, arms and heart to new things and people, we are united in our differences!

22 minutes ago, Michael said:

Hello gentlemen (and women)!

My name is Michael, 31 years old and I live on the countryside south of Munich in the state of Bavaria in Germany. 

First I was a banker, in the military a bit, driving instructor and since 2012 a full time tour guide.

After a long wait and pandemic lockdown I just ordered my Tenere 700. Unfortunately I need to wait until July even though the Tenere is available since last summer and there are still motorcycles waiting for buyers at multiple dealers. 

The reason is that I ordered it through my company. I work as a motorcycle tour guide for Edelweiss Bike Travel. Some of you might have heard of the company from Austria. So I travel and ride a lot. Roughly 25.000 km in a year (less than 5% highways, so really a lot of good stuff;).  We always have company tour guide bikes but I fancied the Tenere since the beginning. 

I ride since I was 13 years old, street legal since I'm 15. My first bike to shift was a Kawasaki KMX 125 and my first big bike was a Yamaha XT 660X in white/red. I had a XT 660Z too but too me the Tenere 700 is the better version of my beloved Honda Africa Twin RD07 that I rebuilt completely. My last bike was a Yamaha MT09 SP and that was bike No. 26 that I owned. Yes, I do like to buy a bike, ride it, try it and resell it to get something new. 

I really hope and think that the Tenere will stay a long time like my Africa Twin for some awesome rides and travels. Like another trip from Germany through the Balkans to Istanbul, Turkey and back we did in 2015. The Tenere seems perfect for it. 

If you have any questions just ask! 

Ride safe!

Insta (4).jpg

Insta (26).jpg

Insta (75).jpg

Michael thank you for sharing with us your story... Welcome to the forum. 

Bavaria is one of my favourites lands in Germany, I used to live in Berchtesgaden for 5 years. 

Grias di, 

Aleks 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

good to see that I am not the only one who thinks that the Tenere 700 is not only a successor of some of the famous Teneres but also of the RD07 (which I still miss. Sold it with more 120.000 km on the odo). I think the CRF1000L and the 1100 are good bikes but not really AT. 

Btw has the XRV750 Africa Twin ever (officially) been sold in the US?  

Best,

Mike

Best regards,

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Mike

• Moderators

Great backstory Michael, thanks for joining the forum!

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!