Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

The oil filters I like and the best price I can find for the T7

Cruizin

I like to stock up on Filters. I have never paid anyone to change my bikes oil and filter.  I take my old oil to the local auto parts store and pour it in their disposal bin. 

Hiflofiltro HF204RC with 17mm nut   Hiflofiltro used to make the K&N filters, but then K&N went cheap and switched manufacturers and their filters have problems now.  Hiflofiltro are great quality filters, and this one has the 17 mm nut on the end, you can remove it with a wrench or socket easy peasy. NEVER TIGHTEN OIL FILTER WITH WRENCH, HAND TIGHT ONLY! 

tenere700oilfilter.jpg

• Like 4

And if you prefer Yamaha OEM, this one at Revzilla takes two weeks to get delivered, but it's the best price i can find anywhere. I get em when I am ordering something else too from Revzilla so the shipping is free. 

Yamaha Oil Filter 5GH-13440-60-00      At least $10 cheaper than what your dealer charges. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 9:02 PM, Cruizin said:

I like to stock up on Filters. I have never paid anyone to change my bikes oil and filter.  I take my old oil to the local auto parts store and pour it in their disposal bin. 

Hiflofiltro HF204RC with 17mm nut   Hiflofiltro used to make the K&N filters, but then K&N went cheap and switched manufacturers and their filters have problems now.  Hiflofiltro are great quality filters, and this one has the 17 mm nut on the end, you can remove it with a wrench or socket easy peasy. NEVER TIGHTEN OIL FILTER WITH WRENCH, HAND TIGHT ONLY! 

tenere700oilfilter.jpg

Good filters & cheap too, i use their air filters also. 

• Like 1